Retrievable tie in point SRT

charlie

I only use it when pruning. Most of my work is takedowns though. The other week I had it tied off like this and ended up transferring across 7 or 8 trees weaving through them all as I went. They were only thin but it would have been a nightmare retrieving or having to climb back through to my tie in point. It took a couple of us to start pulling it through until the friction eased off a bit.

[ATTACH]171498[/ATTACH]

How do you retrieve the cambium saver? The same as you would DRT?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who's never tried SRT but is toying with the idea...

Would you set one of these systems up from the ground, and how would you calculate how much rope you need to retrieve it? Or do you use a running bowline, climb to anchor point and then set system?

You can set it in from the ground and with a little practice you do get a good eye in to how much rope you need to pull through. Although it's much better and quicker to base tie then set it in after you reach your tie in point. Best thing about is after its on you can leave the termination end where it is, no need to pull it down the same route as your descent route :) same as redirects. All you have to do is remove your hitch system and pull down on the retrieval side :) jobs a good'n

You can set it in from the ground and with a little practice you do get a good eye in to how much rope you need to pull through. Although it's much better and quicker to base tie then set it in after you reach your tie in point. Best thing about is after its on you can leave the termination end where it is, no need to pull it down the same route as your descent route :) same as redirects. All you have to do is remove your hitch system and pull down on the retrieval side :) jobs a good'n

Do you use the spacer for the Pinto when you use like that Adam? Sorry to keep badgering, I'm new to single line and I'm trying to be like a sponge.