forst tr8 tracked

Philip jones

Built in there factory down sarf . Obviously some bits are out sourced , engine etc.

Are you sure? I know all the metal work & paint work on the st8 i briefly had was fabricated elsewhere or at least thats what they told me at the time

Are you sure? I know all the metal work & paint work on the st8 i briefly had was fabricated elsewhere or at least thats what they told me at the time

Only going by what the rep told me , really happy with mine wherever it's built. Half of stihls machines ain't built in germany anymore but are stihl good (mostly).

Mainly assembled there, most parts are sourced I believe. I used to drive past there place nearly daily until setting up my own business.

With all things though, have a demo, draw your own conclusion and make sure it's right for you. Everyone's requirements are different, asking for advice is good at getting a feel of how a machine is perceived but the business model that you run will always be different to a fellow surgeon.

• 2 weeks later...
forst tr8 tracked

any one used one of these chippers i got a jensen 8 inch r they similar can any one give some feed back we find the jensen is a very good chipper thanks philip

Our tr8 arrived today. We also have 8 inch jensen and agree its a very good chipper. I've only used the forst for the day but its clearly a hugely capable machine and out performs the jensen. I also find the forst to incredibly user friendly and well thought out.

This is the 5th machine we have had from redwoods and can honestly say the service has been faultless.

Defiantly positive feed back for forst from us :-) ImageUploadedByArbtalk1419012697.583842.jpg.dbcee4978f6fe52b2c902c50bfbd3732.jpg

• 3 years later...

Just used a Först TR8 hired for 7-days from Orangeplant. Make no mistake this machine sets the benchmark for me and my employees. 8” trees cut from bottom, hawthorn, Silver birch and alder mostly, not one bit of snedding required. Accesses most areas, one tank of diesel 25L ish does a full day flat out. Cannot recommend this machine highly enough. Obviously though I’ve not owned one for a longer period of time so I can’t comment other than hired it for 7-days. 10/10 from me

• Like 2