Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

Thanks guys. Still can't decide what rope to get though. lol!

Some of the Americans have been changing the attachment point for a swivel and love it. Someone suggested trying the swivel that you get for an ART Positioner and LJ.

Have you thought about doing this?

A lot of the guys across the pond are liking tachyon and cougar blue. Personally the lower the stretch on a climbing line the better for SRT imo.

I will let you know in the week when I have had a burn on both.

A lot of the guys across the pond are liking tachyon and cougar blue. Personally the lower the stretch on a climbing line the better for SRT imo.

I will let you know in the week when I have had a burn on both.

Thanks Rich

I'm leaning towards Cougar Blue but so many guys are on Tachyon, I'm not sure what to do.

I think a lot of guys use Tachyon as it stays firmer or rounder due to the third core. Personally I find it a bit too bouncy when on a base anchor. Ok for top anchor but the Cougar blue is all the tachyon is IMO but with less bounce so could for base tie or top tie.

I have 4 hanks of tachyon and have been climbing on it for about 6 years or more. I rate it much better than poison Ivy, which I had for about 6 months then went back to tachyon. Imori is terrible when wet and never seemed to dry. I ditch that one after doing 2 weeks of hangar and hazard removals in the snow about 4 years ago. Now it is a tag line. For the guys on the US focus who are swearing by Imori, I would ask if they have actually climbed on any other double braid??? I can't get over how bad Imori is.

Seriously mate, I cannot recommend courage blue enough.

...Some of the Americans have been changing the attachment point for a swivel and love it...

Al, if you follow those climbers other posts you will find that most have also been testing two rope systems. For normal SRWP the BDB works great as supplied and does not need a swivel.

Had a little spin in mine today. Felt pretty nice but a bit jumpy. I guess it is due to the rope today being a little dirty to say the least.

Used it with Cougar Blue. I found it descends really smooth but then quickly goes into free fall. Causing you to stop pretty rapidly. I assume it will wear in as it was the first climb. I felt like I was getting the hang of it towards the end of the climb.

Gordon, what bollard do you recommend for the cougar blue rope? I have used the one you sent it with which looks to me to be the middle sized one. 5/8ths ?

Got a HC to dismantle tomorrow and Thursday so might give it whirl on my tachyon if the CB hasn't dried out.

I did try to get my it to advance as the one in the last clip did but it was nowhere as smooth. Tyler has been climbing quite a while on his though. Do they bed in with use?

Cheers.