Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

Rich, It sounds to me like you may need to go with the larger bollard for the Cougar Blue, and I think that is what the US climbers are saying also that use that rope. The mid size steel bollard that I typically ship it out with installed is indeed 5/8" dia.

You will likely find that with Tachyon the 5/8" bollard is best.

Tyler climbs with escalator I believe, which is likely a more static rope with a denser? construction than the Cougar, which seems to suit the Bone best.

I have not heard anyone say that the Bone "beds in" with use, although the rope tends to flatten with use. It should work smoothly from the outset with the right bollard matched to the rope and climbers weight. Maybe try squeezing the top release arm down, with the heel of your hand on the bottom arm, you can get very fine control this way.

Edited by surveyor

Thanks Gordon. I did read something on the buzz about the change of position for ascent.

I thought the guys in the US using CB where on the 5/8th bollard aswell. I would have thought with the larger bollard it would be almost impossible to move the bone. Then again I am used to a really loose, fast VT. I reckon give me a few more climbs on the CB and it'll be sweet (or I could wash the crap off it). ;)

Thanks for the great service though, arrived much quicker than I expected, luckily one of my neighbours took the parcel for me as I was abroad.