Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

After a few weeks of climbing on the BDB I can report that I love it. It is truly a masterpiece of design.

To be able to climb the tree and see it sliding up the rope with no assistance from me is a dream.

After a couple of hours I've found descending to be very controllable, although very jumpy when the rope is wet.

I'm still finding it to be a nuisance clipping in and especially out of my chest harness but I'm finding technique improvements all the time.

I'm using the BDB on Cougar Blue and leaving my Hitch Hiker on the shorter Poison HiVee for the smaller trees.

Bravo Gordon (aka Surveyor)!

Awesome Al 👍 I've found that if I'm ascending via quickstep, I clip into the hole in the spline, and if I'm just climbing the tree and want it to follow the I clip into the top hoop which I've extended with a real short bit of throwline and a little ring. The top hoop was a pain without that.

I've also found a nano swivel always keeps the BDB in the perfect position, especially when leaning right out at an angle.

It is poor in the wet, but not so much that I feel I may plummet to my doom.....well, maybe for a split second 😄

It's great being able to take it on and off so easily isn't it!

Pleased you like it chap.

Pleased that you like the Bulldog Bone.

Gerbutt, just be sure that your throwline and ring extension cannot, when slack, catch on any portion of the lower arm and impede the upward motion of the upper arm.

There is discussion about the Bone with Nano and a Rock-O carabiner that is worth checking out at Treebuzz,com.

http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/rocko-side-load-damage.31240/

Edited by surveyor

Coolio Gordon, thanks for the link.

Yes I made sure when made it that it was as short as possible so it couldn't catch on anything!

To stop the karabiner from moving in the nano I've used a think piece of rubber with two holes drilled in it. I feel pretty sure it isn't going anywhere but do still check when glancing down.

Hi Gerr

Yep, I too find the top hoop is a pain because it's too small.

I saw a photo where DMc had attached a very short piece of webbing directly into the top arms and had a metal ring on top of the webbing.

Thus creating exactly the same clip in point but extended by about 1.5 inches. Perfect.

However, these guys all appear to have work shops and talent.

The problem I have is that my 'workshop' is simply me standing next to my house with a hammer, big screw driver and shouting.

You mean like this.

Tends very nicely.

I just drilled the holes myself as my edition of the bone was pre top tending point.

Gordon, I have been climbing hard on the BDB since January. I can report it is holding up very well. Have you had anyone wear one out yet?

11041593_10152831184311696_1704859299463886902_n.jpg.25a229c81debf9afb1cbdf8671ea8343.jpg

Hi Gerr

Yep, I too find the top hoop is a pain because it's too small.

I saw a photo where DMc had attached a very short piece of webbing directly into the top arms and had a metal ring on top of the webbing.

Thus creating exactly the same clip in point but extended by about 1.5 inches. Perfect.

However, these guys all appear to have work shops and talent.

The problem I have is that my 'workshop' is simply me standing next to my house with a hammer, big screw driver and shouting.

Haha, I thought a hammer and a screwdriver were the same thing :)

I wanted to make mine the same as Rich's but I didn't have some line the right thickness, so I ended up with this

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1441216300.019526.jpg.95e40c1ed9217deb2ccaf484ab238b3a.jpg

It probably works just the same, but just doesn't look as nice.