Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

I have no experience with 11mm htp. It may work if it is a tough, dense rope, and the climber is not too heavy.

I am using the Marlow 11mm, with th BDB, and i am a heavy climber. It works but not very well, on long descents if you stop it starts to creep, and won't hold. So i am going to have to get a 11.7mm to see if that is any better.

So my single rope TIP is near the top of the tree crown, after my work is done can I just descend on a traditional double rope without adding to the Bulldog Bone?

I am in the process of ordering after reading positive comments, cheers all :thumbup1:

The Bone will work both SRT and on a doubled rope also. The termination of the doubled rope goes back to the bridge with the doubled rope. There is a picture made by Shem Kendrick on Facebook entitled "Compact Bulldog Bone" which shows his Hydra swivel keeping a bit of separation between both legs at the bridge, which helps. The same can be accomplished with a Rook swivel at the bridge.

The Bone can also be made to be self tending on a doubled rope for ascent, with the addition of a prussic to hold the Bone on the standing side of the doubled rope.

Gordon

Edited by surveyor

I've been climbing on my BDB for a good 10 full days or so now. And I absolutely love it. Self tends so smoothly after about 3m, always grabs, and is not too aggressive on descent. I bought some cougar orange from Nod and it runs far better than my blue tongue Kernmaster. The Kern was lighter so needed more height to freely self tend. And the Cougar is far more static so there is no yo yo effect.

Mega impressed Gordon. Surpassed my expectations so far!

The Bone will work both SRT and on a doubled rope also. The termination of the doubled rope goes back to the bridge with the doubled rope. There is a picture made by Shem Kendrick on Facebook entitled "Compact Bulldog Bone" which shows his Hydra swivel keeping a bit of separation between both legs at the bridge, which helps. The same can be accomplished with a Rook swivel at the bridge.

The Bone can also be made to be self tending on a doubled rope for ascent, with the addition of a prussic to hold the Bone on the standing side of the doubled rope.

Gordon

Cheers bro, I'll get the "paperwork" sorted.