Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

The bone had the 5/8 bollard setup for my cougar and it worked perfect on the Hedera. I seem to recall Adam trying it on the kern but can't remember the outcome.

We tried on so many ropes that day and John's bone has the smaller bollard setup. Maybe Adam will remember.

The bone had the 5/8 bollard setup for my cougar and it worked perfect on the Hedera. I seem to recall Adam trying it on the kern but can't remember the outcome.

We tried on so many ropes that day and John's bone has the smaller bollard setup. Maybe Adam will remember.

yeah I run the smaller bollard on mine, I prefer the way it releases but it doesn't really slip and I weigh about 15 stone

ive also started filing some ali away on the back bone of mine with a half round file

I'm converted now after a blast on Rich's last week.

You know that rare period when your hitch just glides up but locks immediately with no sitback?

That's what it feels like all the time.

It feels very hitch-like in use.

And it's not made of old Kit-Kat wrappers like the ZZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The Bulldog Bone has no spring to cause it to stay engaged, rather the cantilever action of the bottom arm makes it bind on the rope when weighted. Not every rope will work with the Bone, but the Cougar, Tachyon, KmIII, Rocket line, and Yale XTC would be ropes that I have had good results with. I attended a competition event in Charlotte NC (as a spectator) and there was one climber competing with the Bone and his Tachyon line. He did very well in the work climb, and placed second in the free ascent portion with the Bone.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my BDB about a week ago and I've got to say it's amazing. Straight from the box and on my kernmaster it self tends just like Rich's that Adam showed in the vid, it couldn't get any easier. The first day of using it whilst reducing a few Ash, it was chucking it down with rain. The wet rope seemed to make it a tad jumpy, but it was probably due to me never having used a mechanical device before too. How do you find it in the rain Rich? As the week went by it got loads smoother and now it's second nature. I will maybe make a tending thing like Rich's, I found that when clipped into the ring at the top, when I sit back the rings a bit high and a fiddle to unclip from(I am not much bigger than your average common or garden gnome though, so others may be fine). All in all, I can't blooming wait to use it again tomorrow :)

Cheers Gordon 👍