Most polite and efficient way to chase late payment.

mowandgo

True but anything is better than nothing sometimes. Got a big shock yesterday when the council/highway settled there invoices early when I was half expecting them to use Christmas as an excuse to pay end of Jan instead. Happy days!!

Now just a few k of others to chase!

cheques can bounce ,niot had 1, do that for a while last 1, was a rent cheque of a tennant in my yard , well ex tennant now :laugh1:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are customers and customers. Some give you cash at the end of the instant payment easy everybody happy could not ask for better business. At the over end of the scale there is the ones that you send invoices and invoices until eventually they pay this is awkward time consuming and hurts cash flow. At times you wonder where all the money is and you sit and do the maths to find out you have done well however the late payers is where its at. The good regular paying customers compensate for the late ones. I send invoicing out once a month and try to be as organised and regular as I can. One of my weaknesses calling the customer and asking for money I feel awkward doing it and not really sure on a good firm polite approach. From the reading I have done on the net Its a problem many small businesses have up and down the country I am sure you guys have had many experience in this and you always have some great answers.

HI MATE go nock on there door or if they do not paid for LOGS pick them up easy thanks jon i no it not easy sorry thanks all ways make sure of money :thumbup::thumbup:thanks jon

Rubber cheques are evidence the client has excepted your invoice by issuing the cheque!

Court action can be issued (small claims court) on the unhonoured cheque and no dispute can be made over the invoice or the job!

Your can get court costs and interest

And even a attachment to earnings

That is an understatement. If you decline all attempts at arbitration/mediation, expect the court to look unfavourably on you. :001_smile:

I know I'm going through it now owed money, person said they will mediate then over phoned during it no I don't want too. So court now.

I have a lad who has blocked my number and is refusing to answer numerous calls, emails, texts! we completed the work on Monday and have not heared a thing! my payment terms are 7 days, then its formal letter time, after that solicitors letter then small claims! this is the first time this has happened to us, i know its only a week but he has no intention of paying what is owed! after a call to a solicitor i now know i have options out there. Some people are complete morons!

forget lawers cost. final letter you have 7 days to pay. if no responce small claims online. put the cost of work plus costs of chasing invoice and pay the fee and let it run. once its gone then they pay or else.

when you fill out claim form make sure you itemise all what you are asking for. if it goes before a judge and you say £5k and when broken down job was 3k but cost was 2k you may loose out. got the badge for that one.

5k for small claim 5k to 10k fast track and 10k and over its different again. fast track you need a solisiter as both sides can ask for costs you loose you will have to pay cost to other side. so need its a watertight case. or could cost a lot if judge finds not in your favour. if solisiters says yes its a winner and you loose you can claim off him for mismanagment of case

Edited by hedgesparrow