I just got me a new Stihl 201T-C with M-tronic...

ArborClimber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I was thinking aloud because the muffler mod on an MS261 is the single biggest difference you can make with one(assuming you are willing to remove the baffle for it). I am curious to see how it affects the 201.

BTW, I was thinking aloud because the muffler mod on an MS261 is the single biggest difference you can make with one(assuming you are willing to remove the baffle for it). I am curious to see how it affects the 201.

So am I!

But, as much as I am all for a bit of modding, tuning and removing bits that normally "shouldn't" be removed, I have had this saw for only 3 days, and its got warranty on it, so I dont think the boss would be too impressed if i fiddled with it as much as I did with my 200t...

(He looked at my 200t after I had been "at" it and said "what on earth did you do?!". My reply: "I improved it because it aint as good as it was. So quit complaining, or get me a new saw". Both worked) :thumbup::thumbup:

So am I!

But, as much as I am all for a bit of modding, tuning and removing bits that normally "shouldn't" be removed, I have had this saw for only 3 days, and its got warranty on it, so I dont think the boss would be too impressed if i fiddled with it as much as I did with my 200t...

(He looked at my 200t after I had been "at" it and said "what on earth did you do?!". My reply: "I improved it because it aint as good as it was. So quit complaining, or get me a new saw". Both worked) :thumbup::thumbup:

Do you not have a drilled exhaust and side plate off the older 201 you could try?

Do you not have a drilled exhaust and side plate off the older 201 you could try?

I drilled my 200t, i never had a 201 long enough to tune up, I gave it to one of the lads very quickly. And the other lads that have an older 201 have said themselves that they are too wimpish to drill/tune theirs. So, no, I dont have one.... :blushing::001_tongue: