pto chipper speed, ie 750rpm

John Shutler

Try it out John, see what pto rpm you can achieve, in both settings. You can push the heizo to 800 so running at 1000 speed 800rpm on the pto should be well within your torque band. or over revving at 540 speed may yield 600ish... You need to try it out. Do you have the agrodata switch? can you see pto rpm displayed on the lcd display on the dash? if so just fire it up now and have a look at both options.

Once you get the heizo it will tell you the rpm on its own display. For site clearance you could over rev at 540 speed for max power and if you do biomass or want to save fuel, under rev at 1000 speed.......

Some tractors do have economy pto that run at 750rpm. As covered really try it at 540rpm speed if you think more is available try the 1000rpm speed. The only time it may not be good is when you engage pto. Need to feather it in more at the higher speed, to not shock load transmission.

im looking at getting a pto chipper that has a maximum rpm of 750. my valmet has two options, 540 or 1000. is there someway I can run inbetween

thanks

john

upper limit

My Heizo is supposed to run at 750 so on my MB Trac I use the 1000 ratio and set the tractor rpm to achieve 750 on the Heizo clock. Once the Heizo clock has been set to 750 I then increase MB Trac engine speed by 100 rpm and start chipping. Was a hand written note in my Heizo instruction manual and it works for me.

As said you can run in 1000 with lower revs but be careful and that everyone who may ever step foot in the tractor knows the score.

For example... A dealer came to service a MF tractor at my dad's work years ago. Said tractor was rigged up for autumn leaf blowing and to get the forward speed slow enough it was run in 1000 and lower revs. No problem atall till the engineer serviced the tractor, engaged PTO, didn't realise it was in 1000, full 540 revs... Bang. The leaf blower was blown apart.

Ash