forestry mulcher

herco

budget around 23.000 Bpound

use 1 day /week

i consider one that is 2meters wide =6.5 feet (working width)

what is the main difference between fixed hammers and loose?

( advantages /disadvatages)

do loose hammers get the same job done? are they slower /faster?

chaeper/more expensive in maintence? etc

not planning to go deeper than 2 inches in ground so i would say above ground level

for stumps i have a stumpgrinder so i dont worry about that

thanks for the info so far

For a low hp tractor with a 2mt cut you are better off with the swing hammer mulcher if you inexperienced. A fixed hammer mulcher will take to prisoners and if you hit a stump, piles of concrete,old tyres and general rubbish it will be around the drum in a flash and you will be a while tugging it all out. A swing hammer will just deflect back, downside is the hours spent turning and sharpening them the flails. Fixed hammer is better for turning the mulch into the ground. 20k plus seems a lot for something thats needed once a week, why not hire both types of machine in on some of your work and see which one suits.

Bob