forestry mulcher

herco

FAE probably from McArthur but not that clued up on tractor mulchers. If it was for an excavator and it was clean material it would be a Denis Cimaf full stop.

Gregor Mc Arthur knows his stuff and the FAE is a good product. I did look over the Seppi from Lambhurst Engineering, and would certainly demo one myself.

A lot comes down to budget and ultimately the severity of the application. People have different perceptions of mulching, one could see it as mulching, the other nothing more than heavy flail mowing. Certainly the equipment required to mulch professionally on a daily basis is far removed from what could be considered more occasional scrub removal or site cleanup.

I fully agree the Denis Cimaf has always been top of my wish list, with the big bonus in us now having a UK distributor, Total Plant Solutions Exc@v8.

Fantastic Avatar TCD :thumbup1:

Eddie.

FAE from Gregor is far better than the Seppi we've owned both.

What would be the price difference between similar models though?, Like I say in reality some consider what is a bit of heavy flail work to be mulching, when those who are mulching doing it day in day out in real conditions can kill even the very best machinery fairly rapidly.

Eddie.

I fully agree the Denis Cimaf has always been top of my wish list, with the big bonus in us now having a UK distributor, Total Plant Solutions Exc@v8.

No way! We were going to be the first UK agents for DC, not going for it will be one of the biggest mistakes we ever made I bet. We ordered 3 of their heads 2 years ago, and you remember the power pack issues we had - DC were doing those nice cummins packs too; the case 8 tonner in france etc etc.

budget around 23.000 Bpound

use 1 day /week

i consider one that is 2meters wide =6.5 feet (working width)

what is the main difference between fixed hammers and loose?

( advantages /disadvatages)

do loose hammers get the same job done? are they slower /faster?

chaeper/more expensive in maintence? etc

not planning to go deeper than 2 inches in ground so i would say above ground level

for stumps i have a stumpgrinder so i dont worry about that

thanks for the info so far