Oil price v logs price

hardtop110

Oil down 6% today, Brent at $71.50 versus $110 a few months ago. 5yr low is $70 and it could go through that level as OPEC votes to maintain production. Lots of politics here as Russians highly dependent upon oil revenue and under pressure from sanctions over Ukraine too.

So, either folk are going to have more cash available for luxury logs, OR those that are more utilitarian in their use and can heat with logs or oil, may switch to using more oil.

And are you reducing your transport prices as diesel is cheaper at the pump?

Whaddya think?

Do you really think the price of fuel will drop enough to make a difference, cost per barrel is almost half so the pump price should be the same!!

Some may not remember when the price of Lamp dropped, you could pick one up at market for £1. Yet the supermarkets still charged the same and robbed us blind

Dont be conned, we are robbed

Do you really think the price of fuel will drop enough to make a difference, cost per barrel is almost half so the pump price should be the same!!

Some may not remember when the price of Lamp dropped, you could pick one up at market for £1. Yet the supermarkets still charged the same and robbed us blind

Dont be conned, we are robbed

So because the price of oil has gone down you think the government is going to give you a tax rebate.

For every pound you spend at the pump 85p goes to the treasury so the drop in crude is been reflected at the pump.

No reduction in round wood price, so no reduction in logs, heating oil down to 44ppl. Ours is free delivery to

Is it down as much as that? I pulled out my old rayburn 18m ago and the last time I bought oil for that it was at 83p ish I think.

That's some drop.

I miss the Rayburn but the running costs were too high.