best chainsaw stihl or husqvarna

ryoung14

... one day saw the world champ race, he was like a ghost riding the wind that day, effortless, way out front. And I realised if I had the reining factory team bike, and he had a smoky old scrapheap scooter, he'd probably still end up in front.

The difference between the pro saws is largely down to the users...

That was excellent - best way to describe a pro I've heard/read. Also, a good and valid point on the end there. Not what the tool is capable of, more how capable the user and how easily that user utilises their skill.

Though there are still some saws which are more capable than others given a specific task to complete. Trick is, getting the saw which is right for the job and not going over the top. But I guess this was the OP's quest.

Edited by TGB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to try to break myself on motox bike, one day saw the world champ race, he was like a ghost riding the wind that day, effortless, way out front. And I realised if I had the reining factory team bike, and he had a smoky old scrapheap scooter, he'd probably still end up in front.

The difference between the pro saws is largely down to the users...

Completely off topic but this reminded me of a bloke I worked with a long time ago who rode a sidecar outfit. Him and his mate had taken the lead in a race and they had their heads down flat out on the straight when they were overtaken by a bloke called Klaffenbach on a works BMW outfit and he was leaning over and communicating with his passenger :lol: I have a Stihl and a Husqvarna depot about the same distance to either and I bought my Husqvarna 135 mainly on price, it looked better value than a Stihl 181 which was dearer and smaller capacity.

Edited by peatff