best chainsaw stihl or husqvarna

ryoung14

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's with the 560 Is it a wrap?? I struggle to find kit at the best of times that would bug me but it looks good.

261 is not a bad saw ,neither is the 550 ,go to your local dealers and see what feels and looks good to you.You can have the most powerful chainsaw on the market but if you can't sharpen it there's no point for that I would probably stick with the 261 none auto tune or what ever stihl call it if it's all new to you ,as the husky auto tunes can start running a bit finicky if blunt or your sharpening is not good yet IMO.... And it can take a long time even years to perfect chain sharpening.

No it's been hydro dipped, it's my mate dans and I can never see where he puts it either! Does look good tho, I would get orange and silver camo effect I think

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well i did my cs30 with my dads husqy 135. A brilliant little saw, but a sod to start. I did my cs31 with my makita ea4300, i love this saw and planning on getting another makita. But as daft as this sounds my dads 10yr old used and abused macculloch starts easier than any of them.

The more open a chainsaw's exhaust is, the easier it will be to start(assuming ignition timing and compression are reasonable). It also makes it easier to clear when it does get flooded. If I make the mistake of flooding one of my ported saws, I can usually get it to pop by simply moving it to the high idle and pulling on it a few times.

just buy whatever is the closest dealer to you spares/chains makes more sense than waiting for post man like i have too but i have a solorex :thumbup1:

ditto.

If you're planning on keeping any saw running the most important thing above colour or brand or bar length is find a 2 stroke pro who you get on with and ask that person which saw. Them you can look over em, spin them around, and everyone has happy future.

Everybody is being so diplomatic and polite, is it the calm before the storm, christmas goodwill to all men, or does somebody just need to grow a pair and give the man their opinion!

ok. Mate, your question is good and valid, but you won't get a clear picture on here because husky groupies are so afraid of being ridiculed they overcompensate and become noisy so you may think " oh husky gets the most votes, I have to get one", when other brand users actually are just getting on sawing and are not fussed to get drawn into it all.

Truth is, and these guys all know it they just love the banter, all the pro saws are good, they all have some weak spots. But usually your 2stroke man will get them tuned up and if sharp chain and maintained good, they all good.

Used to try to break myself on motox bike, one day saw the world champ race, he was like a ghost riding the wind that day, effortless, way out front. And I realised if I had the reining factory team bike, and he had a smoky old scrapheap scooter, he'd probably still end up in front.

The difference between the pro saws is largely down to the users...

ok. Mate, your question is good and valid, but you won't get a clear picture on here because husky groupies are so afraid of being ridiculed they overcompensate and become noisy so you may think " oh husky gets the most votes, I have to get one", when other brand users actually are just getting on sawing and are not fussed to get drawn into it all.

Truth is, and these guys all know it they just love the banter, all the pro saws are good, they all have some weak spots. But usually your 2stroke man will get them tuned up and if sharp chain and maintained good, they all good.

Used to try to break myself on motox bike, one day saw the world champ race, he was like a ghost riding the wind that day, effortless, way out front. And I realised if I had the reining factory team bike, and he had a smoky old scrapheap scooter, he'd probably still end up in front.

The difference between the pro saws is largely down to the users...

Great post:thumbup: