Latest non-payer excuse is...

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a firm handshake emphasising that you'll crush there knuckles if they don't pay ;-)

Hope you get sorted ty as this sort of thing really annoys me, had similar and offered them similar that I'd return all the crap from the job + interest (basically as much as I could fit in trailer) so they could dispose of it themselves. They payed....

How was the job priced???

I try to give very little detail about how long the job will take or how many men there will be working. I had a guy yesterday who when I quoted asked when I could do it and how long it would take, I told him when we could do it, but ignored the bit about how long it would take.

Also I almost never given written quotes, just verbal and a handshake. I have very few problems getting paid.

I find that unless you put the quote in writing, the job has often changed when you come round to do it (always in their favour !) and they argue this was agreed before. When in writing it's black and white. Still get the 'could you just' though and need to be a bit tougher on this and charge extra more often me thinks.

I find that unless you put the quote in writing, the job has often changed when you come round to do it (always in their favour !) and they argue this was agreed before. When in writing it's black and white. Still get the 'could you just' though and need to be a bit tougher on this and charge extra more often me thinks.

The best response to 'could you just' is 'I'll just give you a separate estimate for that'. :001_smile:

Well in 20+ years of trading I've really not found this to be the case, TBH, I have no issue with the odd extra here or the there, they take minuets and breed such good will :001_smile:

Well in 20+ years of trading I've really not found this to be the case, TBH, I have no issue with the odd extra here or the there, they take minuets and breed such good will :001_smile:

That's generally why I find it hard to say no but when you find yourself working when the light is fading and its throwing it down to get the 'extras' done you wonder why you said yes.