Prusik zigzag mk2

valentino petrescu

Meh.............

Zigzag 1 : Broke apart in use. At least one climber using it fell and was seriously injured. No one died. Full recall by Petzl!

Zigzag 2: Significant number have cracked at top rivet. No one injured or died! Petzl extended warranty to 10 years! But fingers crossed... hey!?!

Zigzag 3: 3rd time lucky for petzl? You're the guinea pig! Who'll live, die or end up in a wheelchair?

Wonder if Petzl have bothered to test version 3 properly this time round! Time will tell I guess.

I like the principal behind the Zigzag, and the way it works. But, have no confidence in spending my hard earned on this product for at least another 6-12mnths until we know what's wrong with this one....................

Meh.............

Zigzag 1 : Broke apart in use. At least one climber using it fell and was seriously injured. No one died. Full recall by Petzl!

Zigzag 2: Significant number have cracked at top rivet. No one injured or died! Petzl extended warranty to 10 years! But fingers crossed... hey!?!

Zigzag 3: 3rd time lucky for petzl? You're the guinea pig! Who'll live, die or end up in a wheelchair?

Wonder if Petzl have bothered to test version 3 properly this time round! Time will tell I guess.

I like the principal behind the Zigzag, and the way it works. But, have no confidence in spending my hard earned on this product for at least another 6-12mnths until we know what's wrong with this one....................

Looks like I'm the guinea pig then I couldn't resist getting one, never had the mk1 or 2 so all new to me, hoping to try it out tomorrow if it's not raining, I don't want it getting wet lol

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1416598697.501233.jpg.5f2e60714c5b8f551d285549f881a6ad.jpg

Meh.............

I disagree with this. I believe mk1's down fall was user error from what I've heard. Not checking carabiner was orientated properly resulting in cross loaded carabiner and a rediculas leverage ratio on the top attachment point meaning it snapped and again I believe mk2's issue has something to do with cross loading the friction link bit which again would be user error. I'm happy to accept if I'm wrong and someone else knows a bit better but this is my opinion. I have had the mk2 since release and it's a fantastic and confidence boosting piece of kit and I have had no issues what so ever. Wouldn't be without it now!

Good post colletti...TTP, may I welcome you to the ZigZag club and congratulate you on your choice of rope! Run it all through a pulley and you will be climbing on one of the smoothest, controllable and enjoyable tree climbing systems known to man!...well...climbing Arborist..

1416616503562.jpg.e3898f552ede48c3bf705a63d7f3a121.jpg

Good post colletti...TTP, may I welcome you to the ZigZag club and congratulate you on your choice of rope! Run it all through a pulley and you will be climbing on one of the smoothest, controllable and enjoyable tree climbing systems known to man!...well...climbing Arborist..

Cheers silky, I've already got the ART cocoon on a homemade setup so I'll be sure to run the two together