Prusik zigzag mk2

valentino petrescu

3 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

all these devices wrench, RR, BDB etc work by bending the rope - if you're slack over winter, why not invent one that tightens on the rope like a sphincter? You're no doubt familiar with bio ones, so can a metal one be made? 

I wont be replying to any vulgar posts in future so if you want to engage keep it clean...   

2 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Did I say you were a numpty to use the rope wrench with a zigzag?..   No..   

I did say I might get one myself for the same purpose..   my point was people might think the zigzag was capable of being used SRT  without the rope wrench, or the chicane..    theres always some out there..   no doubt explains some of the broken zigzags..

They are,ive done it,as have others.

Its not big or clever as it places alot of stress on the 1st link but in emergency decent climbing in a ddrt system you could tie a bowline round a branch and decend srt on the solo zz.Or when sectioning down a pole ive tied a bowline with long tail,and went down about 10 foot on the zz with the rope under my thigh for a little more friction.

Bottom line is alot of climbing equipment isnt rated to do what it is actually capable of doing.

Just so were clear i do not endorse use of zz in srt without a rope wrench or that chicane thingy.

But what do i know,im a numpty

Edited by stihlmadasever

3 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

They are,ive done it,as have others.

Its not big or clever as it places alot of stress on the 1st link but in emergency decent climbing in a ddrt system you could tie a bowline round a branch and decend srt on the solo zz.Or when sectioning down a pole ive tied a bowline with long tail,and went down about 10 foot on the zz withnthe rope under my thigh for a little more friction.

Botyom line is alot of climbing equipment ismt ratef to do what it is actually capable of doing.

Just so were clear i do not endorse use of zz in srt without a rope wrench or that chicane thingy.

But what do i know,im a numpty

I suppose wrapping rope round your legs would count as added friction..   if it worked in a pinch for the odd emergency...   err not calling anyone in particular a numpty, as such, but you know as I know there are those out there that are.    as it happens I rigged my zigzag up in SRT as an experiment just a few foot off the ground..   couldn't lower myself at all as it was stuck with all the weight pulling down..

I wish I'd thought to use my legs or feet as an added friction method, might of worked out better if I did..  not that I fancied doing that fifty foot up a tree mind.....

29 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I suppose wrapping rope round your legs would count as added friction..   if it worked in a pinch for the odd emergency...   err not calling anyone in particular a numpty, as such, but you know as I know there are those out there that are.    as it happens I rigged my zigzag up in SRT as an experiment just a few foot off the ground..   couldn't lower myself at all as it was stuck with all the weight pulling down..

I wish I'd thought to use my legs or feet as an added friction method, might of worked out better if I did..  not that I fancied doing that fifty foot up a tree mind.....

Zz and rw combo is very good.

Id recommend you get to grips with the zz on ddrt before goin straight into srt climbing.

I rarely use srt,only for accessing big trees with broad canopies which i dont do that often.

?

• Like 1

Interestingly, primal tree climbing systems had nothing to do with rock climbing,  but over last 30 yrs, the rock n pot lot, have hugely influenced what we work with. Can be a bonus, but with this zigzag, and they Are hugely popular, the background of work they will be used for has Not been included in the design. K

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

Interestingly, primal tree climbing systems had nothing to do with rock climbing,  but over last 30 yrs, the rock n pot lot, have hugely influenced what we work with. Can be a bonus, but with this zigzag, and they Are hugely popular, the background of work they will be used for has Not been included in the design. K

Could you explain more what you mean by this.....cheers

• Like 1