Christmas is coming lock up all your gear

scraggs

Does this happen every year lads?

Frankly, i'm astonished at the frequency of theft being reported on here, it's shocking.

Hope everyone stays safe and the Police catch the culprits.

Yeah pretty much, from October onwards thefts go through the roof.

So true, I think the long dark nights don't help, they often come when its windy, as the noise of the wind covers up their noise :thumbdown:

Correct, dark nights, wind and the fact that even thieving scum bags want money for Christmas!

Some people don't help themselves though, keeping such expensive tools in garden sheds and vans etc over night is easy pickings. My yard is tighter than a sharks ass even the local copper was shocked at the Lengths I have gone to with security.

Thanks for the heads up, mate. That's a bit close to home. I wonder if it's the same lot as before? :001_rolleyes:

I don't know, I have a feeling maybe not, as I think they may have been eyeing up the PC and printers in the bay window, whoever it was must have come in through the back way, that was backed up by the dog getting the scent of something in that direction, and going mad at the back of one of the buildings outside.

I have considered a guard dog but don't really want the responsibility of one, maybe some geese.

Edit: however the thought of it sinking it's teeth into the scum does appeal

Edited by scraggs

All too frequent, I'm sorry to say. Combination of weak security,poor policing and people who are prepared to ask no questions in the search for cheap kit all adding to the figures. :thumbdown:

Nearly came to blows last week with a chap in a nice shiny van after he walked into my garage where I keep all my kit asking if I wanted cheap power tools. I told him to do one. He asked if I was a boxer I said no, didn't tell him about the Thai bit. He thought twice anyway when he saw Big Ziggy the Dobermann who doesn't like strangers on his patch😃. I called the Police but now I'm paranoid again. I'm thinking about putting electric stock fencing along the top of my fence.

I don't know, I have a feeling maybe not, as I think they may have been eyeing up the PC and printers in the bay window, whoever it was must have come in through the back way, that was backed up by the dog getting the scent of something in that direction, and going mad at the back of one of the buildings outside.

I have considered a guard dog but don't really want the responsibility of one, maybe some geese.

Edit: however the thought of it sinking it's teeth into the scum does appeal

Get a staff ours is fine round people but if he thinks you feel threatened they will launch them selfs at what ever is responsible.

Some bloke lost the plot and come up to the window in truck as he stuck his head in Cain launched out the footwell and nearly took his nose off if he had been on the seat he would of had him a treat.

Then on turning up to the yard one night a lad took off out of the gate way there was bits of track suit bottoms everywhere.When my son was born he would sit between the pram & front door checking who was coming took a dislike to the community nurse. I've never left either of our dogs alone with him but would not leave any dog with a child.

It was a wet and windy night here on Friday so I was half expecting "visitors".

Sure enough at half past midnight one of my alarm mines went off followed by a vehicle turning round and leaving.

I live well off the beaten track and nobody else down my no through lane. I don't think they were sightseeing and I think they probably knew the cheap generator bloke that called recently.

I expect they will be back too. :(