fencing price

onyx landscaping/fencing

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like that really anoy me!

Me too!! Getting really fed up with the plonkers. Had a guy last week wanted a quote for each tree he wanted out, branch pruned etc. I explained that if I do it that way it's gonna cost more than if I price the job as a whole. He didn't get it. Then they lie and say I will get back to and let you know but never do! I'm fed up with these types so I just put an awkward tax on top.

Me too!! Getting really fed up with the plonkers. Had a guy last week wanted a quote for each tree he wanted out, branch pruned etc. I explained that if I do it that way it's gonna cost more than if I price the job as a whole. He didn't get it. Then they lie and say I will get back to and let you know but never do! I'm fed up with these types so I just put an awkward tax on top.

It's hard work hey hodge. I'd much rather people were honest and either let you know they are using someone else or are going to put the job on hold... but not getting back to you at all is pure rudeness.

As for the fencing job... sounds way too cheap and they sound to me like they aren't worth working for (hmm... and when it comes to paying up my experience says that these types are the slowest!!)

If their tone was as blunt as that or not those exact words, they can't think very much of your mutual friend. Honesty from the start with a budget would have avoided time wasting. Would I work for them if they came back? Depends what mood I'm in, my price would not include a mates rate any more as they clearly aren't.

BTW, why would you keep the price low for a friend of a friend? It's not a good idea in my opinion. I get people calling up saying I'm a mate of so and so and they said you could sort me out some logs or cut down a tree etc. I go and look and give a fair price take it or leave it. Just because they know someone I do doesn't mean they get a discount! Once again another reason I am becoming a people hater:)

if they do change there mind they will now have to wait till I can fit it in not going to put my self out for them! as for m8's rates I don't normaly do them its one of to options 1. normal price or 2. cost of materials only (eg plumber m8 wanted his drive sorting and I done it at cost in return when my gas boiler packed in he fitted a new one at cost).