Avant 420?

Daggi

Hey!

Thanx for the feedback! :)

I am going to have telescoping boom on the avant if i buy.

What type of terrain is it possible to drive this Avant in?

I see a lot of movies and they are in the terrain, but that is in the summer time and the ground is hard and dried, but if it has been raining for a day and you use it in garden or on the field...Will it spin very easy?

You see, i have a polaris 500 with Vahva Jussi timbertrailer with crane, it works good, but i need and want something that is smaller and more compact... also when i am driving this equipment to my jobs, i think it will be more easier to carrie this than a 5-6 meter long atv and timbertrailer on a car trailer after my car..10 m long...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 520, and its a dream to use, drive and has revolutionised my business, and has made me money. I have lifted some heavy loads with mine, and the pivot steer does mean it can tip up a bit when turning, but you soon get used to it. I have pallet forks, bucket, grab, sweeper, jib boom and firewood processor for mine. I really want the next size up, but need to save first

You should look up weidemann loaders.

Brilliant machines

• 2 weeks later...

Hei

Thanx for the feedback and picture.

I have now had a Avant 420 for tesing during a weekend and i think this is the machine i should choose.

But what attachement should i choose for removing of logs and branches from worksite?

I see that they have a log grab, but that is only for 520 and up..

I have also been looking at the silage fork, but the "jaw" is not closing all the way down for putting pressure on the branches when driving.

It seems that it will work good if you have a big pile of branches, but if you are gooing to move just a small amount of branches you will not get a good grip on the branches..

Is this correct or wrong?

What type of attachement will you recommend?

Hei

Thanx for the feedback and picture.

I have now had a Avant 420 for tesing during a weekend and i think this is the machine i should choose.

But what attachement should i choose for removing of logs and branches from worksite?

I see that they have a log grab, but that is only for 520 and up..

I have also been looking at the silage fork, but the "jaw" is not closing all the way down for putting pressure on the branches when driving.

It seems that it will work good if you have a big pile of branches, but if you are gooing to move just a small amount of branches you will not get a good grip on the branches..

Is this correct or wrong?

What type of attachement will you recommend?

Got to be the log grab I reckon. Are the 420 and 520 attachment systems the same? Might just fit on but they 'don't recommend it'?

Better than that, don't pay the over inflated Avant prices and have a skidsteer attachment firm make you one to fit.

Im not sure, but on ther homesite it says that it can not be used on a 420, i dont know why, but it is 200 kg weight so it is taking a lot of the wight the 420 can lift so the lifting capacity will be reduced..

I see that they also sell attchment plates that fit to the the avant so you can just weld the plate to any attachement you have.

Edited by Daggi

We had a demo of a 635...great machine...I want it...just got to justify it...hopefully soon!!!!

I started looking at the 420, but a lot of people suggest the 520 or 635...better lift and flow on the hydrolics...it's a hard choice...only one that you want to make once!

Edited by steve@crown