Avant 420?

Daggi

He defiantly shouldn't be allowed to post on YouTube,

let alone drive an Avant as a demonstrator.

Tbh although he could of used the telescopic boom to lift the front axle on i think the video actually just shows the shortcomings of not having a swinging rear axle or an oscillating joint

Swing rear axle is in my opinion the best option i find the more stable than an oscilating joint machine but either is better than nothing

I think the weiderman and schaffer or kramer machines look a better option as you sit on the rear part of the machine wich is far better when manoeuvring although the machine is taller so you loose some stability which would be easily enough cured with dual front tires

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

So I'm seriously looking at an Avant. The 420 really appeals on size (and cost) but I'm concerned that the hydraulic flow is not enough. Initially I'll be lifting and loading but in the future would like the flexibility to run a flail, stump grinder etc. The 420 has a flow rate of 31 litres per min. The 528 is 36 litres. Doesn't seem like a huge amount but maybe it makes a big difference. What implements do others run off their machines? Many thanks

The tipping load is a factor but I also need to be able to run attachments off the hydraulics. The 420 I'm looking at has a telescopic boom, essential IMO. The catalogue with all the attachments lists most of them being compatible with the 420 but my dealer felt the flow rate isn't high enough. Is he just trying to get me to spend more money or is it a valid point?

A local landscaper (who already runs an Avant) was admiring our 640 cleaning our pavoir surfaced caravan bays with the rotary wire brush.

They then merely require "rinsing" with a pressure washer, and come up like new.

A very slick cost effective operation.

The ability to easily get into the back corners was what really appealed to him.

m

So I'm seriously looking at an Avant. The 420 really appeals on size (and cost) but I'm concerned that the hydraulic flow is not enough. Initially I'll be lifting and loading but in the future would like the flexibility to run a flail, stump grinder etc. The 420 has a flow rate of 31 litres per min. The 528 is 36 litres. Doesn't seem like a huge amount but maybe it makes a big difference. What implements do others run off their machines? Many thanks

FWIW

I was unimpressed at the 640 running a stump grinder attachment. A grinder attachment with its own engine would be better.

FWIW

I was unimpressed at the 640 running a stump grinder attachment. A grinder attachment with its own engine would be better.

They're no different to a stump grinder head on a mini digger in terms of performance.

Frustratingly slow.

If you have access for the Avant then you have access for a big grinder which will do the same job in 1/8th of the time.

You don't need to buy a big grinder, hire one or call Stunpbusters (or similar).