Avant 420?

Daggi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josharb87:

Picture no 2 you posted, is that the Avant`s Silage grab?

If so, thats the one i am thinking of buying.

Is it only closing so the "teeths" on the upper jaw meet the spikes on the under jaw?

If you understand what i am trying to explain? :D

If so, than there will bee a gap of maybe 20 cm(?), will this bee a problem when moving just a few small branches, you can not hold the branches in a firm grip and they will fall out?

Or do the upper jaw go further down?

The avant i tried has combi tires, not sure about the name, but i am going to buy with tractor tires pattern, i guess i will than have even better grip on the surface, especially on wet ground, but will this pattern make more destruction on the ground?

About £6-8 for the smaller models and about £12-14k for one same as mine with cab and a grab and bucket

12k seems fair for one that size, no point getting a smaller one with the job we do,have emailed Lewis so see what they come back with.

Josharb87:

Picture no 2 you posted, is that the Avant`s Silage grab?

If so, thats the one i am thinking of buying.

Is it only closing so the "teeths" on the upper jaw meet the spikes on the under jaw?

If you understand what i am trying to explain? :D

If so, than there will bee a gap of maybe 20 cm(?), will this bee a problem when moving just a few small branches, you can not hold the branches in a firm grip and they will fall out?

Or do the upper jaw go further down?

The avant i tried has combi tires, not sure about the name, but i am going to buy with tractor tires pattern, i guess i will than have even better grip on the surface, especially on wet ground, but will this pattern make more destruction on the ground?

Yes I believe it is avants silage grab. Not closing completely isn't a problem. With small grab loads you can close as much as possible, then tilt the grab up slightly, as long as you're driving sensibly you won't loose anything. I think it's more a problem in your head than it is in reality :biggrin:

Tyres, I've used a 200series with the turf tyres, they are useless. If it's wet grass, spinning turf tyres will do more damage than the tractor style ones not spinning :001_smile:

That silage grab is the best all round attatchment IMO as it will grab logs, branches even do a rough rake without ever getting off the seat. You can't rake with the rotator one (last pic) and you can't grab branches easily or rake with the pallet forks/log thumb

Hi Dean,

Where is that from? It sounds a good deal to me. Do you use it most days?

Mark

I don't use it on jobs very often but in the yard its been invaluable. When you do get it out to site its awesome, I,ve won jobs that others simply can't do without massive effort without one.

I bought mine privately and paid £12K for it. Dealer price will obviously be a bit more. Mine when I bought it only had 400hrs on it and came with 0.6cube bucket and the grab

yep that is the muck grab on the avant. its great for shifting brash but not for logs imo I've bent most of the top tines at least a couple of times, some awkward shaped bits will just bend tines for a past time.

i recon the log grab with pallet forks is as good at shifting brash as the dung grab anyway as long as its not too small. the pallet forks are nearly twice along as the dung fork tines, i have both.

can't really see, but in the pic we were stacking leylandi brash on the forks and crushing down, opening up and stacking more on.

i have turf tyres on my 420, no probs yet, i also have the standard tractor style tyres too but they will mark a lawn up if tooing and froing.

your local dealer should really be able to advise you on all this stuff.

IMG_0269.jpg.d65d88ec710342d17f5624670a2e4d6f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...