which hedgecutter

dig-dug-dan

Because nobody wants to try to cut back 40" of thick woody growth at once? I have a 30" rough cut and it's an animal, it's a struggle to push it through the whole 30" sometimes so I'd imagine the 40" to be a very niche market for someone with much bigger biceps than me.*

Thats not quite the idea. The extra length is useful for reaching over the top of extra wide hedges. Most of my customers always end up cutting their tops when the neighbour doesnt bother, and as a result, the hedges get wider and wider. The fine cut hedgecutter will not do laurel, so its not a question of hacking back growth, although i do use it for that without issue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not quite the idea. The extra length is useful for reaching over the top of extra wide hedges. Most of my customers always end up cutting their tops when the neighbour doesnt bother, and as a result, the hedges get wider and wider. The fine cut hedgecutter will not do laurel, so its not a question of hacking back growth, although i do use it for that without issue

Long reach :thumbup:

I have a short shaft husqvarna on a kombi 327 and a stihl 4 mix 100r kombi long reach. The 4 mix engine has hi vibes rough power delivery and is a pig to start warm no mater how much i service it and adjust valves. The hedge cutter atachment is prety good very reliable done alot of work but i perfer the husqvarna for speed & quality of cut. The husqvarna engine starts very well low vibes more power and lovely smooth delivery and revs revs revs so cuts very well. I love the short shaft for everthing the long shaft cant get at and on top as its lighter. I will be buying another new engine and long reach husqvarna soon it makes a great strimmer too i would not look at another brand husqvarna all the way for me. I have used echos , kawasaki, tanka. I would say there all pretty good all the Jap ones seem the same. I just find I get on better with husqvarna short shaft. I think with machinery alot of it is personal prefernce every ones differnt and different styles and desings work for differnt people. I think Stihl the worst I have used there not bad there ok but nothing more!

I would like to add its a complette myth a stihl 4mix is more economical it uses very simalar amounts of fuel as a 2 stroke. If 4 mix strimmer and 2 stroke husqy strimmer running 4 mix will usally dry up first. I know husqy is 25cc and 4mix like 34cc but the 2 stroke has more power and lighter!

My new toys[ATTACH]169583[/ATTACH][ATTACH]169584[/ATTACH][ATTACH]169585[/ATTACH]

I have the same set up for hedge cutting except just a stihl hs45, besides the ladder. A longer bar cutter would be very beneficial, but they only go so far. If I was to buy another it would be long reach. I don't often have the call for one, so rather than buy i would hire, for now. One thing I have noticed is depending on what model is used, some of them blow smoke in your face, or it generally drifts that way. the engine behind me would be an improvement

Edited by zeroluke
hit send too soon

I would like to add its a complette myth a stihl 4mix is more economical it uses very simalar amounts of fuel as a 2 stroke. If 4 mix strimmer and 2 stroke husqy strimmer running 4 mix will usally dry up first. I know husqy is 25cc and 4mix like 34cc but the 2 stroke has more power and lighter!

True that. Replace the engine with a Stihl 2-mix. I've just bought an FS-94 to run a hedgecutter, seems very well balanced. Nicer to handle than the FS70 which is a good machine. Very reliable.

The Stihl heads are the dogs.

If I was dissapointed with the Husqvarna the Stihl FS-94 would be my first choice of replacement. Its the combi out the box and short shaft hedge cutter attachment which makes the Husqvarna so attractive. The Stihl dealers are more comon and replacement parts are easy & quick to buy. The Local Husqvarna dealers are very unhelpful the 10 mile away dealers are much better but the stihl dealers i drive past everyday are great. I like the combi as they cover all my hedge cutting needs my light strimming and pole saw. I can have two engines to run the lot. Pole saw i do not very often but hedge cutter and strimmer iam just working them hard all the time so having two engine units is great for back up like if the pull start breaks ect.