New 7.5 tonner rules, Good News for once?

LGP Eddie

Plenty of thoughts on here on this issue?

I just hoped it may be a route to allow me to use a 7.5 tonner to take fuel, attachments, machines etc to site on a more suitable vehicle probably with a small Hiab, than a Defender Ifor setup.

I don't want all the hassle involved in Tacho use, as basically you're just gathering evidence for someone to pick through and try to hang you with. I have friends running Trucks and they have more than enough hassle with it all, as even a tiny mistakes can prove costly.

I also don't want to be told what time to have a break or what hours I can drive over what days etc.

I'd have no issue keeping records of driving and other work done in a simple form.

100k from base would do me nicely and I'd be happy to get a decent truck and keep it properly maintained if I can simply use it in the way I wish with minimal hassle?

I had considered a small Mog for the role, but that's another can of worms!

Eddie.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how does the 100km /62 miles thing work out ? as what i mean is if your journeys working/driving day amounts to more than the 100km/62 miles a day driving to tip back to base etc etc it only gives youy 31 miles each way thats not very far if you do a double run for any reason or can you drive as much as you want within 100km/62 miles from base each day etc .

also if you could drive 100km/62miles whithin your base there are plenty 7 day aweek guys in this job running about tired with early starts hardwork longish hrs it all takes its toll or am i way off course and wrong ???

how does the 100km /62 miles thing work out ? as what i mean is if your journeys working/driving day amounts to more than the 100km/62 miles a day driving to tip back to base etc etc it only gives youy 31 miles each way thats not very far if you do a double run for any reason or can you drive as much as you want within 100km/62 miles from base each day etc .

also if you could drive 100km/62miles whithin your base there are plenty 7 day aweek guys in this job running about tired with early starts hardwork longish hrs it all takes its toll or am i way off course and wrong ???

I believe its 100km from base? Read into it more as there are plenty of restrictions still to keep you from being at the wheel 24/7, but they are far more sensible for someone like myself than the full driver hours rules that obviously apply to professional drivers earning their living at the wheel.

Eddie.