What do you do with rakings and hedge cuttings?

Charles Hey Arborist

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you go there and tip green waste. I have been using reviva, but they are just rude ignorant people too big for their boots. Do they take fencing?

Yes take normal green waste and fencing, but fencing a bit more expensive per tonne. Can't have arris rail brackets or bolts or concrete in it but nails and screws fine. Cheapest I can find near me

Try to feed hedge stuff with brash through chipper to speed up rotting /reduce bulk On site try to use brown bin for all rakings or any stuff with risk of soil/gravel some customers will not let me use their brown bin so that stuff has to come back with me stored in bulk bags to rot then bag up for council tip or let build up and get a skip and chuck anything/everything in to get moneys worth. Did have small shredder 5hp great til bod fed long piece of wood wrecked it he was sacked but figured took to much time to shred anyway certainly not worth wage cost for that set up.

Thanks for all the replies.

I don't like risking hedge cuttings through the chipper, so currently get given to a farmer who probably owns a box of matches...

Just looking for a more sustainable/Eco friendly way of dealing with it, I don't think buying a shredder for a small arborist gang is worthwhile, so either hire one once a month or get a waste firm in with a big skip or something seems best. Thanks.

C

yes its a constant pain in the rear.

ive often thought about one of those chippers that have a shredder the is built into the side. chip the bigger stuff and shredd the rakings.

not sure what the model is, only remember its green and white.

would like a shredder but from what i gather they are not really worth it if your work is tree related, ie not any fence panels or pallets etc.

i remember seeing the timberwolf demo vid for the 24osx ( i think thats the model). seriously slow!

but if im wrong someone please correct me.

A small shredder would be nice but normally the small machines are pants.

thats my 2 p anyhow

I use a 16 yard skip and light all mine in that. I've got a green waste burning licence on the farm and so far almost have 2 years worth of green waste or un chipable material in it. I then get a local grab lorry to come in and empty the skip and make a big dent in the composting pile as well, it only costs £220