Log Goblins

aspenarb

Anyone ever have privot cuttings vanish on em???

Took a 12 ft privot hegde down to waist height and piled about half the cuttings after chippin the rest.Came back later to chip the rest and they were gone.

Why would anyone want privot???

Aint complaining :D

• Like 2

On 18/05/2018 at 12:30, stihlmadasever said:

Took a 12 ft privot hegde down to waist height and piled about half the cuttings after chippin the rest.Came back later to chip the rest and they were gone.

Game cover maybe,   would make a bit fo woodland holding cover for a year.  Leylandi does a similar thing.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 12:30, stihlmadasever said:

perhaps a good Samaritan thinking you'd been paid early and thence done a runner..   did the home owner a good turn and took away the clipping?..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

you should drop a load of oversize for a laugh, see if it goes..   and see how they manage..

A wildlife cam to capture them figuring out how move it...   nothing too big but big enough to get em scratching their heads..

Or a couple of them concrete look a like logs.

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

you should drop a load of oversize for a laugh, see if it goes..   and see how they manage..

A wildlife cam to capture them figuring out how move it...   nothing too big but big enough to get em scratching their heads..

A few months back I turned up to an address that one of my contractors had sent me to. Turkey oak to be dismantled and removed. (It was the most perfect looking oak, symmetrical, no real dead wood, no sign of decay, full of bud ready to burst). Whilst chatting to the customer I got the feeling he didn't really want it down. I said to him it's a shame it's being felled. He said "yeah I know , we really like the tree but the neighbor is in his 90s and keeps complaining that it's getting hard work to sweep up the leaves". That very neighbor was the 90 year old man who was pilfering away lumps of wood throughout the whole job with his Mrs (turkey oak in the spring! I was struggling to lift it , it weighed a tonne! [emoji23]) . I hope he's got a sharp axe. Maybe there will be an irony that the oak will be the thing to put him in his grave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I’m not sure that playing tricks on the goblins is on the agenda.

From what I can see they provide a useful service.

Yea well its not about taking the piss so much as seeing how resourceful some of em will be...   the lengths some might go to to get their free wood..   

hidden camera capturing them in the car, later capturing them turning up with trailer and winch..  or back with a chainsaw..

Just the one load to see if anything interesting might come to light..   

And yes they do provide a good service, its why I think wood left on the verge should by default be seen as being there for the log goblins..   love that name, log goblins,,   makes me smile every time I see it...

Where was I?..   Oh I'll leave it there before I get worked up about some folk who leave wood about and then complain when some Log goblin nicks it in their eyes.. miserable sods..