Log Goblins

aspenarb

3 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

e6G,  spec was gadget was to be on a six inch concrete base, half filled with water and then backfilled with pea shingle. That hole was over 4.5 mts deep and shittank  position was critical so before the lads launched 20 ton of shingle around it I got them to rest the bucket of the machine on it to keep it steady.They have got a few more of these to do so will get some snaps.

b0D

Got ya. I could have sorted the pipework if the tank was sited in the wrong place?

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Strange you lot rattling on about canals, my lads are just fitting one of these fancy shithouse purification units with its own discharge pump. Canal boat discharges into it which is down a bank, gizmos inside do their thing and it pumps clean water uphill back into the canal.

Do you or Eggs know how, as in what mechanism breaks it down, it copes with the elsan fluid?

16 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Do you or Eggs know how, as in what mechanism breaks it down, it copes with the elsan fluid?

I'd never seen or heard of Marsh treatment plants until b0D posted the picture.

It looks like this one.

https://marshindustries.co.uk/products/ensign-sewage-treatment-plants/

13 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'd never seen or heard of Marsh treatment plants until b0D posted the picture.

It looks like this one.

https://marshindustries.co.uk/products/ensign-sewage-treatment-plants/

I see it uses compressed air to form bubbles, like a fish tank pump,  for the secondary chamber aeration, should be better than the rotating biodisc and their gearbox failures. The first tank is anaerobic  but I can't see where it discharges  the CO2 and methane and I would have thought the low temperature methanogenic bacteria were susceptible to poisoning by formaldehyde.

Back to being a goblin, I managed to get vitara two loads of apple wood (killed by honey fungus and a bacterial infection) today before the lady client said she wanted to keep the remaining logs for her neighbour, boss had me wheelbarrowing them to next door. Anyway the reason the tree was susceptible was that the old fashioned  brick septic tank and discharge to soakaway had overflowed. The sunken area suggests the porous medium in the soakaway had blocked with sandy soil washed from the lawn. Another house across the road had a large dead macrocarpa and birch and another unidentifiable conifer which I wonder may also be from a failed septic system but a sweet gum in the same group seemed fine.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Bank holiday special treat for the Goblins, going well atm :)

Some of Surrey`s finest logwood

134D59D0-D883-4553-A55E-49601FEAFAAC_zps

Logwood conveniently cut to fit in the boot of a car. Nice one Bob, the world needs more people who think like you do.