Log Goblins

aspenarb

I have taken it and sold it as low grade. willow dry stored 12 months sold wood burner only got quite a few customers for economy wood so long as its dry and if i get willow etc for the taking it stacks up verses ash at £65 delivered in cord to my yard.

Would a log merchant take conny,willow, horse chestnut etc?

Thats why I operate a free drop off point at the farm. Any softwood is processed for our own use and all the hardwood is dried below 20% MC and sold at 100 m3. Only problem with the wetter woods is having the right equipment to dry it without going mouldy and traditional solar kilns are ideal for this.

• Like 1

Thats why I operate a free drop off point at the farm. Any softwood is processed for our own use and all the hardwood is dried below 20% MC and sold at 100 m3. Only problem with the wetter woods is having the right equipment to dry it without going mouldy and traditional solar kilns are ideal for this.

Thats interesting remewablejohn, how does your free drop off point work and how did you set it up?

People who take rubbish wood are unlikely to pay for good stuff I would have thought.

Exactly that. I know things are different regionally and that in some area`s any wood is log wood but around here there is no market what so ever for this stuff. We process everything,all cord goes for chip, any hardwood goes to the log boys and chip goes to the chip dump. Conifer rings etc would cost me money and time to dispose of so this method suits me.

Lots of eternally grateful old folk have taken car loads away .This guy below is living in a house with loads of open fires, he has had at least six transit loads like this and its the difference between him being warm this winter or living in a cold house. He would not be a buyer of logs, ever.

imagejpg1_zpsfa57e3d3.jpg

imagejpg3_zps140fa47e.jpg

• 5 months later...

Been on forestry/landscape opps for the last few months so the Goblins are going to be hungry. Tipped off at 5pm. One has pulled up in less than a minute , I reckon two hours to clear if they are feeling energetic :)

Bob

image.jpg8_zpstlsonykg.jpg