Husqvarna 365 special

Buddha

Hi, I have got a 365 special which needs a new top end ( only got 60 psi compression ) I am going to use a 372 big bore (52mm) kit & wondered if anyone can recommend a good quality one to buy.

Meteor make good pistons but don't think they do a pot . Highway arnt bad by all accounts . Don't go the Chinese route though . Do you know the cause of the failure ? Best fix that first if you haven't done so . :001_smile:

If I was going to use aftermarket, I sertainly would look at meteor first, but their reputation for cylinders isn't as stellar as for pistons.

In general, aftermarket cylinders tend to have inferior porting compared to OEM, resulting in a lower power output - and then there is the quality differenses.

Meteor make good pistons but don't think they do a pot . Highway arnt bad by all accounts . Don't go the Chinese route though . Do you know the cause of the failure ? Best fix that first if you haven't done so . :001_smile:

Hi, Cheers for the reply, The saw is a runner, but is an ebay special :thumb down:

which i brought to rebuild, (only had 60psi compression but still ran ok ish !

Going to do a full rebuild, bearings & seals, a Hyway 372 big bore cylinder 52mm,

with a meteor piston. Looking for the best top end to use & where to buy from.

Are there any uk suppliers of the Meteor kits ? i have found one on ebay us for about £113.+ any import charges !

Hi, Cheers for the reply, The saw is a runner, but is an ebay special :thumb down:

which i brought to rebuild, (only had 60psi compression but still ran ok ish !

Going to do a full rebuild, bearings & seals, a Hyway 372 big bore cylinder 52mm,

with a meteor piston. Looking for the best top end to use & where to buy from.

Are there any uk suppliers of the Meteor kits ? i have found one on ebay us for about £113.+ any import charges !

Not sure if the bearings you are replacing are the crank ones but generally they last a damn long time and would only replace them if there is play in the crankshaft - typically this will be the clutch side but if the flywheel is damaged, it can knock the flywheel one out and quickly.

Seals - worth doing as they often cause seizes but personally would do a pressure check afterwrds if you are able to do so.

Top end, depends on budget, Hyway parts are OK and you will get the saw running but would expect a longer life out of the Meteor kit.

60psi- I don't believe any saw will start with compression that low. Is that just one pull as you need to keep pulling until it won't rise any further - typically 100psi for a non running seize, 120psi for a real poor runner with a mild seize and 145-150 psi on a good running 365, they were never big on compression.