jo beau m500 belt tension

Jesse

Hi all, any one know the correct belt tension for the m500, all the text in my hand book is German and i cant see the belt tension from engine to cutter, its only done about 4hrs from new now but just wanted to make sure the belts are still set correctly as new belts sometimes bed in and need a little adjustment after a few hrs from new. :001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, any one know the correct belt tension for the m500, all the text in my hand book is German and i cant see the belt tension from engine to cutter, its only done about 4hrs from new now but just wanted to make sure the belts are still set correctly as new belts sometimes bed in and need a little adjustment after a few hrs from new. :001_smile:

its in dutch ;)

mine has 350 hours on clock and didn't do any retentioning since new

• 5 years later...

Anyone know how to change belt on m500 between engine and self propelled drive mechanism. The old one has come off ok. But I can’t get the new one between the 2x vertical pulley wheels that introduce a 90 degree bend in the belt and the side of the chassis. If this makes sense to anyone who knows this machine, can I move the position of those pulleys to introduce slack? I’m familiar with how the 3x belts work between engine and drum with knives. It’s just the 1x belt under the engine to the drive mechanism that I can’t work out. Thanks

I changed mine a few weeks ago, it was a bit tricky.

The vertical pulleys on mine are on a shaft which is held by little drop arms, you can loosen the top end of both of these and swing the shaft.

I'm trying to remember how I ended up, I think I put the belt round the hydro pulley first, then through the vertical and pulled it up round the top pulley last. There was a bit of trying different combinations, drinking coffee and head scratching in there though. Maybe swearing. Definitely didn't take the engine pulley off though, just the stop block on the left.

Thanks. That’s really helpful. There’s been plenty of swearing and head scratching already. Mostly the trouble is seeing what’s going on under chassis. Did you loosen the drop arms from below? I’ve borrowed some axle stands to try and jack the machine up higher so I can access things more easily