Igland/Tajfun/Uniforest, Which Double Drum Winch?

LGP Eddie

Just how things have stacked up I'm looking at adding a Double Drum winch for a few projects, and apart from price, has anyone any experiences to add that may help me split them?

It'll be between the Igland 6002, Tajfun 2x55 or Uniforest 2x65 models, and I'll want the full Radio remote setup to go with whichever I choose.

I'm swayed towards the Igland purely on the fact that they've more than proven themselves, but Tajfun do some great kit and Kilworth are pretty handy for me, lastly the Uniforest does look some bit of kit and plenty seem to rate them for the price?

Thanks.

Eddie.

Hi have had an igland and didn't get on with it. Then had a tajfun and that was ok.

I used Werner on a unimog and that's the nuts, they now do a 3pt linkage double drum but it's daft money. I have just got a dorntec as a demo unit as I'm doing a bit of forestry kit as well now, it's only a 4t but very pleased with it. I can get info on the double drum for you if you want ?

One of the things nice about the dorntec is the cable it is supplied with, I can't remember the name but it's the sort i fitted to the Werner wicnhs and I never needed to change it, a lot of wicnhs come with crap cheap cables

igland all the way don't bother with the other rubbish!!!

That's a bit black and white. Igland have the rep sure but had excellent service from the Uni I've used. Extra price of BGU unjustified and Uni had the edge on farmi, krpan. Saying that the rope endings on the double drum at the apf looked crap.

Only ever had a play with a 3 tonne Igland it was very well made but didn't really do anything special. I did once get a quote for a 2x9 tonne Igland and that was 14k.

Just to throw another contender in the ring Krpan. Not used a double but i have the used the 8 and 9.5 tonne models. Very well built and user friendly. Lots of space in the chain boxes (i have 6 in there, 3 each side). They pull like a train. Wire rope quality is the best i've ever seen. Had cables start to hedge hog in a few weeks but this is as good as new after a year.

Folding butt plate options mean that you can use it above shallow services and on sensitive archeological sites. Also keeps quite a lot of the timber off the deck if you have to skid high value stuff. Downside is their smallest is 8 tonne so bigger than you wanted. However you'll be getting 6 tonne of pull a lot sooner than you will with the Iglands (unless your always working full cable length,)

With the radio remote get the best you can afford. I think ours way a grand for the whole kit. Having used it for a year now i wish i'd got the servo for the throttle linkage so i could rev the tractor increasing line speed from afar.

Forestry Winches KRPAN

Just to throw another contender in the ring Krpan. Not used a double but i have the used the 8 and 9.5 tonne models. Very well built and user friendly. Lots of space in the chain boxes (i have 6 in there, 3 each side). They pull like a train. Wire rope quality is the best i've ever seen. Had cables start to hedge hog in a few weeks but this is as good as new after a year.

:thumbup:^WOT "e" SAID^:thumbup:

I have an igland 3000/2, great units

do you have this on a 3pl mounting? or is it mounted to the machine directly? I have one sat in the workshop, but was told by Wilsons they don't make a 3pl butt plate for it so its sat in the heap of parts to get sorted, I thought from my measurements it should drop straight on the butt plate for the 5t double drum? as the head bolts are same spacing :confused1:

Used a tajfun 4.5 and igland 3.2 impressed with both, especially the pull on the little igland for pulling over some big back leaning larch, tajfun was on a small alpine and great for skidding hardwood thinnings out. I would think parts back up and follow up should be a strong consideration. Out of interest did you speak to A and B or just Wilsons

Edited by Charlieh