How do you store kit in your truck?

pault

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems pretty reasonable then. :thumbup:

For some reason I thought they were more expensive.

How do you find it?

It has its plusses and minuses like most things but mainly good. Nick and Jane are good to deal with and understand what the various industries require. Mine is an adaptation of one of their farrier tops.

I see a pick with the normal body converted to a tipper with a truckman top fitted, they was aiming chippings in the back and they had built a false floor with a draw system that pulled out about 4ft and was just high enuff to store saws etc good set up & looked nice

After an evening and a morning tinkering around i came up with this. It extends right out without tipping when empty. But with the addition of a sand bag at the back it stays where it is even when full. Decided to add a slot for the vice. I know iv had days when a vice would save a lot of faffing around. Anyway, would be interested in what you guys think. :thumbup:

PB100057.jpg.090f805f599959a2a7a36b47c45fa7f1.jpg

PB100058.jpg.4dac02f4b2834eaa7ebee25938751518.jpg

PB100059.jpg.10477fad071cce5a45c4806b8b944c6b.jpg

PB100060.jpg.c86bea18e27742fbb20515af2bd991db.jpg

PB100061.jpg.1fc65e4f9b16f5240ea17e1da7ab5e02.jpg

After an evening and a morning tinkering around i came up with this. It extends right out without tipping when empty. But with the addition of a sand bag at the back it stays where it is even when full. Decided to add a slot for the vice. I know iv had days when a vice would save a lot of faffing around. Anyway, would be interested in what you guys think. :thumbup:

I really do like the idea . You have done a top job on yours . Does it cause problems if your have a trailer in tow ? Clearance wise ? Regards Paul

I really do like the idea . You have done a top job on yours . Does it cause problems if your have a trailer in tow ? Clearance wise ? Regards Paul

I dont usually tow a trailer mate. If i do i use the company tipper to tow it. This is just for ease of getting the kit out the back without crawling in on hands and knees.

Looks good to me. :thumbup: I like the vice, a really useful thing to have in a vehicle.

As it's a bespoke item, designed and built by yourself, the question is really what do you think? Be interesting to see if you've changed it any in 3 months, 6 months or a year as your design adapts and progresses.

That looks smart!!

I just neatly put everything into the back of the truck and see what mess come out after :001_tongue: