Stolen saws - the Irish connection?

Oakes

very sorry you had stuff nicked. its horrible that it happens.

i'd like to mention that not everything that get nicked should immediately be blamed on travelers.

Well said that man!

I'm amazed at the extent to which overtly racist comments are generally unchallenged on Arbtalk.

that said, I'd endorse previous comments regarding buying 'dodgy' second hand gear. Dead right:thumbup1:

I agree thieves come in all sections of society, but it is the truth that some travelers do like a 'hot saw'!

I'm 15 grand light on the strength of it, and on looking over the recovered saws in two police stations on separate occasions all had come from travelers motors or sites, the police themselves confirmed the statistics,you cant beat the facts I'm afraid, that is how it is in my area at least.

This is not a biased post, it is a level headed conclusion of the facts before me i'm sorry to say.

A large transit van came round to the canal centre today in Warwick, with two "irish" guys in it …….I didn't find out until later , when I was chatting to someone that spoke to them , that onboard they had a new Husky Saw with a 20" blade on it ( model unknown ) …. apparently they were wanting £145 for it !!

Large grey transit with Irish number plates………..:thumbdown:

I agree thieves come in all sections of society, but it is the truth that some travelers do like a 'hot saw'!

I'm 15 grand light on the strength of it, and on looking over the recovered saws in two police stations on separate occasions all had come from travelers motors or sites, the police themselves confirmed the statistics,you cant beat the facts I'm afraid, that is how it is in my area at least.

This is not a biased post, it is a level headed conclusion of the facts before me i'm sorry to say.

i'm sure those stats are right and i'm sorry to hear your 15k down:thumbdown:

i'm saying anything bad about the police either but if i had to stereotype they not too keen on "travellers" so it doesn;t surprise me that they are able to find stuff on sites or travelllers motors as i expect they spend more time searching these places.

i went on a camping holiday with my family a few summers back, with the horse, we had visits from the coppers every night, often waking us up and getting our names and addresses (once at 1am!). i was pretty shocked!

i'm sure those stats are right and i'm sorry to hear your 15k down:thumbdown:

i'm saying anything bad about the police either but if i had to stereotype they not too keen on "travellers" so it doesn;t surprise me that they are able to find stuff on sites or travelllers motors as i expect they spend more time searching these places.

i went on a camping holiday with my family a few summers back, with the horse, we had visits from the coppers every night, often waking us up and getting our names and addresses (once at 1am!). i was pretty shocked!

I can see how that can skew the figure to be fair mate, I used to travel in a vardo, lived in it for a few years, so do understand how that works.