MF 390 12/12 gear selector problem.

cessna

Has anyone had experience of changing the gear selector spring,on MF390 12/12 Shuttle gearbox,I believe it is big job,and that is putting it mildly,as the gearbox has to be stripped down!!!!

HI MATE ASK GARDEN KIT he may no but im told there a night mere job thats why i did not buy a 12/12 gear box thanks jon :thumbup:

Has anyone had experience of changing the gear selector spring,on MF390 12/12 Shuttle gearbox,I believe it is big job,and that is putting it mildly,as the gearbox has to be stripped down!!!!

Big job alright, to put in a spring that costs a few quid!

Tractor has to be split anyway, if the clutch etc is anyway worn, change it while you are at it.

I trained at a MF dealers and worked on many 300 series tractors. I agree if the tractor is split check the clutch, flywheel, spigot and release bearings for wear. On the 12/12 shuttle model there is a cam plate which is operated by the forward / reverse lever, on the cam plate there is a roll pin that can sometimes break if this breaks you obviously loose your ability to move forward and backwards. I went on a MF training course at Stoneleigh for the 300 series and still have the work books for the model, so if you need a particular bit I'll look out the book and I could scan it off for you. Bearing in mind its been 20yrs since doing the course and have not worked on one for 15yrs so I'm a bit rusty :lol:

• 4 years later...