Sugihara. Vs. original bars.

TIMON

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to had a nose go on a sugi pro 18" 3/8. It hadn't done a lot of work so sent it back and

credit to rob d they put another nose on it and sent it back with a grease gun and some grease. He was maybe hinting that it was lack of grease that caused it. To be honest I

never usually grease the nose of the bar but since I've been doing it on a regular basis

it seems to be lasting. Maybe these bars need a bit.

They are quality bars at least there straight when they come out packet. I've had some oregon prolight bars with slight bends in them but I still use both makes.

why should i pm you the details you already have, the bars come from you nowhere else.

I have had issues with the noses simple as that and i have made a decision myself not to use the bars again

Ok - fair enough.

• 5 weeks later...

put a 20"sugi on my husky 576 5 weeks ago today,it works hard felling whole length trees all day long,no burrs to mention so far,cuts well,thing I did notice though was the sprocket sounds dry all the time even though its not,there was also sparks coming from the tip when it was new as if it was too tight,dont know if that's a common thing or not ?,i grease it regular and turn it once a day,once the nose goes im going to try the Oregon power match then the husky rsn bar and see how they compare,it should be a pretty good test as I do the same thing almost everyday,but all in all its a good cutting bar which comes into its own felling larger sticks

• 4 months later...
Hi. I was wondering what people's views are on the Sugi Pro Lam bar. I'm looking for a new 15" bar for my 550 but can't really justify the expense of the light weight bar.

Good question, as you seldom hear about those bars - when people mention SugiHara, they usually refer to the the Light Pro bars.

Marketing and availiability obviously are weak points with Sugihara on most markets.

Sugi Lite Type Pro 545 15" is near enough same weight as a std. Husky bar. I'd be surprised if it didn't last longer than the H' bar, as that was made from melded marsh mallow and something almost as hard wearing.

The Sugi's nose sprocket can be replaced with the same gauge as that of the bar. Though their noses are a bit narrower, the overall shape is a bit fatter and I found the Husky bar more controllable during plunge cuts. But overall, I prefer the Sugi and unless they turn out to be made of something softer than mallow, I'll be sticking with Sugi.