Take care out there guys!!

cjw89

Correct, never, what ever.

Ty

May be put some footage of you up doing a reduction over something fragile as there are a lot of guys that could learn something. Our main climber has used a top handle for 20 years and only had one injury caused by kick back the chain has stopped but caught his lip. He uses a topper one handed a lot if your confident in your ability I see no problem with it. I am sure we will have to agree to disagree on this?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that I guess is what you'd call a 'love bite' from your saw... :001_wub:

Balls mate, that's what it took to put yourself up here after doing that ... one handed as well ... :biggrin:

Ignoring the useless commentators and sightseers on the matter, cheers, cheers for being honest and showing the uninitiated (myself included) what can happen if you make a mistake (be it lack of attention, training, experience or insert reason here) with one of those evil saws!

I've done the damaged tendon and muscle thing (on a much lighter scale) and can assure you that the road of recovery is a long one but very much achievable... Do the exercises, it'll hurt but it'll halve your recovery time! :001_smile:

Don't forget the recovery photo's and any decent nurses along the way wouldn't go amiss... ask them first they'll often pose :151:

May be put some footage of you up doing a reduction over something fragile as there are a lot of guys that could learn something. Our main climber has used a top handle for 20 years and only had one injury caused by kick back the chain has stopped but caught his lip. He uses a topper one handed a lot if your confident in your ability I see no problem with it. I am sure we will have to agree to disagree on this?

I rather like my lips and your climber is lucky it stopped there.

We use our Silky's, keep the blades fresh and they are almost as quick on smaller material plus we use strops a lot.

Granted, we are not quite as fast perhaps but we ARE safe.

I'll go for safety over speed any day.

Currently, I have no need to encourage those working for me to take shortcuts, our market being buoyant.

I will amend my statement to saying that we honestly never 'cut and hold' but there are occasions the saw is used one handed at full stretch.

That is as far as it goes.

In response to Mr Josharb's spitefull comment.

I don't leave trailers unsecured in our yard or buy stump grinders that I know to be faulty then scrabble for sympathy on forums.

We recently won on the insurance for the trailer which paid out more in France than it cost us to buy from the U.K

The stump grinder has now been proven to have been faulty from the start and is up and running with further action to be taken against the sellers.

Crooks come in many guises, some as reputable companies, some towing caravans.

But I'm an honest broker and look out for my fellow workers health and safety.

Ty

Driving without a seatbelt, not wearing a motorcycle helmet or changing a bulb from a chair instead of steps are also not dangerous when performed correctly.

I don't need such risks in my life and so buckle up, wear a lid, use steps and don't use a chainsaw one handed.

Ty

:lol: I already knew you and I were VERY different, but the above really proves we are polar opposites , I do all those things most of the time!!! :lol:

And have lived to the ripe old age of 45 relatively unscathed :biggrin:

If safety is your primary concern and you never cut one handed then you'd be far safer using a small rear handle in the tree and dispensing with the top handle all together. Top handles are designed for one handed use, they are balanced on the top handle (or should be) but they aren't as safe for 2 handed use as a rear handled saw.

With the advent of the 150 one handed saw use is safer than it ever has been.

If your that honest tell your insurers you can buy the trailer cheaper than what they've weighed out.

OP, heal quick. I'm in the could happen to any of us camp.

Lol pmsl high5. !

Have come close once or twice but never cut myself yet, I one hand most days at work ............ And at home :rolleyes:

Heal fast dude.

Sorry TY but you just come across as a reet proper stroker!

Edited by Ian C

I rather like my lips and your climber is lucky it stopped there.

We use our Silky's,[/B] keep the blades fresh and they are almost as quick on smaller material plus we use strops a lot.

Granted, we are not quite as fast perhaps but we ARE safe.

I'll go for safety over speed any day.

Currently, I have no need to encourage those working for me to take shortcuts, our market being buoyant.

I will amend my statement to saying that we honestly never 'cut and hold' but there are occasions the saw is used one handed at full stretch.

That is as far as it goes.

In response to Mr Josharb's spitefull comment.

I don't leave trailers unsecured in our yard or buy stump grinders that I know to be faulty then scrabble for sympathy on forums.

We recently won on the insurance for the trailer which paid out more in France than it cost us to buy from the U.K

The stump grinder has now been proven to have been faulty from the start and is up and running with further action to be taken against the sellers.

Crooks come in many guises, some as reputable companies, some towing caravans.

But I'm an honest broker and look out for my fellow workers health and safety.

Ty

Silkys safe? Haha! Get real man!:001_rolleyes: