cutandclimb Waterproof Trousers design - what you looking for?

Yve_Clark

I have always thought a rigid or semi rigid, protective phone pocket would be handy as I leave my phone in the van and worry if im hurt or a groundie got hurt when im up the tree I couldnt call services fast enough. After breaking god knows how many phones I have given up keeping them on my person while working.

I guess with it being rigid it would have to be strategically placed to avoid interference with harness etc.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always thought a rigid or semi rigid, protective phone pocket would be handy as I leave my phone in the van and worry if im hurt or a groundie got hurt when im up the tree I couldnt call services fast enough. After breaking god knows how many phones I have given up keeping them on my person while working.

I guess with it being rigid it would have to be strategically placed to avoid interference with harness etc.

Lanyard around your neck inside t shirt? I would agree with external pocket, I use an old phone holder on my belt I also go through 2 phones a year

Elasticated waist with string.

Zip leg with plenty of room to get them on over boot. Usually they are so tight trying to get them on/off over boot and end up damaging/ripping them.

No need for pocket imo. Rarely need pockets in the rain.

Looking forward to the new design.

I use these at the moment and they are excellent. I think the design is spot on with extra material around the arse and knees.

Helikon ECWCS Trousers Generation II Black

Looking forward to the new design.

I use these at the moment and they are excellent. I think the design is spot on with extra material around the arse and knees.

Helikon ECWCS Trousers Generation II Black

Does water get straight through the fly zip when you're descending?

I'm thinking about when your hitch squeezes the water out your rope and it pours straight onto your crotch!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

I have a very good pair of over trousers. So good the lads at work ask what they are and where I got them. Wychwood fishing gear and a model no longer available as far as I can tell.

Features.

Waterproof breathable washable fabric.

Simple design that fit over chainsaw pants.

Double thickness/layer on backside and knees.

Knee length zips

Zip fly

Green and black.

Cost me £25 in a bargain sale bucket reduced from about £50!

Only improvements I would make is some high viz panels or similar.

David