110 cherry picker

Joel77

I suppose now that we have hijacked Joels thread we might as well carry on :blushing: Thats a mother of a lift for a landy Gray :thumbup1:

On the back of ours we fitted a 6 ton hydraulic winch betwwen the chassis rails with spades that run off a diverter valve from the picker hydraulics. Also fitted a pull out drawbar, it comes out about 3 feet. It all gets a bit heavy and the old landy engine used to struggle a bit so we fitted 3.5 litre nissan patrol engine in it. All up its about 2.8 tons

Bob

raycochipper005_zpsfe336c0a.jpg

That's well cool!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Joel, didn't want to hijack your thred but we have so :P

Is yours a 10 or 12m? Looking a lot better now than it did, a decent set if wheels and treds can transform the look of a landy.

That's 1mean winch in the back of that landy! She must have been a linesman's construction vehicle in a former life.

I suppose now that we have hijacked Joels thread we might as well carry on :blushing: Thats a mother of a lift for a landy Gray :thumbup1:

On the back of ours we fitted a 6 ton hydraulic winch betwwen the chassis rails with spades that run off a diverter valve from the picker hydraulics. Also fitted a pull out drawbar, it comes out about 3 feet. It all gets a bit heavy and the old landy engine used to struggle a bit so we fitted 3.5 litre nissan patrol engine in it. All up its about 2.8 tons

Bob

raycochipper005_zpsfe336c0a.jpg

HI MATE great truck that mate :thumbup1:thanks jon

That's 1mean winch in the back of that landy! She must have been a linesman's construction vehicle in a former life.

We built the thing from scratch Gray about 15 years ago. Its a cherry picker off our defunct transit. The winch was a spare hydraulic unit we had kicking about We were destroying too many baskets so we fabricated one in steel, never had a problem since. The cut down van back has a full width locker in the side which is spot on for cans , saws and kit, behind the seats inside there is a shelf over the top of the lockers which is handy for all the other clutter the lads need . The cage also comes in handy to for somewhere to strap down pole saws etc, to call it a handy truck is understatement.

Bob

raycochipper007_zps2005f561.jpg

Hi it's an 10m the tyres I had fitted at my yard my KK MOBILE £600 for a set of 5 the 110 can drive across wet fields without any spinning,

I'm fitting a winch up front but going for 12v as there cheep to buy and easy to fit I did think about hydro but then iv got no drive when useing it as the pto on my 110 needs the transfer box in neutral

I put a warrior 1200 on my other 130 and it's proved an excellent winch with the bonus of built in remote control so if your using it to pull a stem over the cutter can be in control from the stump especially handy if out of line of site.