Groundman pay

RexPayne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't get out of bed and work for someone else for that money, maybe end up doing for myself sum days after brake downs etc.

I stick with it because I want to do all my tickets and climb myself eventually. I'd like to think I'm learning quite a bit even if the pay is poor.

I'm guessing you don't supply any gear at that rate, so nothing to offset against tax. What do you actually get in your pocket after you've taken your tax and ni out of it?

The guy is taking the proverbial, and by the sounds of it dodging tax. Cut yourself a break and get in with a better firm.

Yeah, not sure what he is going to do now though.

Seems to me that there is a lot of work around so try someone else as you've nothing to lose. Keep things amicable with him so you could approach him if you're stuck and need a few quid. Wages are always an issue and a tough nut to crack. Work out what you need to earn to live and do what you like to do out of work and base it around that. If you cant achieve what you have worked out that you need then you're either being unrealistic or need to find another trade. You either love this job or you'll love your new job a whole lot more!

Cheers

Andrew

I'm guessing you don't supply any gear at that rate, so nothing to offset against tax. What do you actually get in your pocket after you've taken your tax and ni out of it?

The guy is taking the proverbial, and by the sounds of it dodging tax. Cut yourself a break and get in with a better firm.

Pay my class 2 NI by direct debit. Technically don't earn enough from him to exceed my personal allowance, but do my own hedge trimming/garden clearances etc which push me over so I pay tax and class 4 NI on that. But if I just worked for him, I wouldn't owe anything. Your talking about 8.5/9k from him. I have been on the lookout for other firms and would jump ship if I found the right opportunity. Would like to do my cs30/31 first though.

Pay my class 2 NI by direct debit. Technically don't earn enough from him to exceed my personal allowance, but do my own hedge trimming/garden clearances etc which push me over so I pay tax and class 4 NI on that. But if I just worked for him, I wouldn't owe anything. Your talking about 8.5/9k from him. I have been on the lookout for other firms and would jump ship if I found the right opportunity. Would like to do my cs30/31 first though.

If you just worked for him he'd be breaking the law.

I appreciate your situation and what you say about wanting tickets, but in the long run you aren't gonna gain anything sticking with him that you couldn't get somewhere else. You can get experience at any tree company, you can get tickets yourself.