Giving away Logs on Gumtree

Danny Boy

Have I got this right? You advertise free wood on gumtree and random "gumtreeers" turn up to your clients address where you have left the wood?

Oh no, no, no,

I'll advertise it the night before or in the morning while we're on the job. 1st person who can collect while i'm still there gets the Wood.

I normally get 5-10 replies & save numbers for future loads. If I have to handle the wood, meaning load it & drop it off somewhere then it most certainly ain't free.

The idea is it saves me some work so I pass that good karma on to to someone else.

I also only give it away if I haven't got space down the yard or the wood ain't Ash or Oak or Beech or something worth keeping.

Put your location in your profile - you never know y

I also agree with skyhuck - well seasoned softwood is just fine to burn. A bit quicker but still hot. Get yourself a little moisture meter to stab the logs with. They're cheap enough and help you to get the best from your wood.

Soft with one exception burns hotter than hard given the same MC, its not as dense so burns faster.

A