Hows your Viking Mower fairing up .

IVECOKID

Bought a Viking MB 655VM series 6 mower which is classed in the top end of its range , now in its 2nd month of daily use by myself and is coping well and does a lovely finish and picks grass up better than Honda Pro and a much lighter machine .

Does a great job in wet grass too.

Just wondering if anyone has done a full season with one and any problems they might of had ?

Ste

Have the same mower as you and its been great. I dont use it as much as you do but it gets a few hours a week. So far its been a great mower and leaves a nice neat job. Only issue we have had is the pull cord wears very quickly if pulled through the metal ring it sits in. Instead we pull it straight from the engine and it seems to be fine.

I've got two Vikings ones a 484t and it's coming up to 3 seasons old and only cost me a new drive cable also got a 5 serries I bought this year and impressed with it to. There good mowers and leave a nice finish plus nice and light so don't leave big wheel marks behind and also a lot cheaper than the likes of a Honda ect

Thats good to hear guys I am running a honda 476 hrx this season and its been back to the dealers like 10 times all drive problems other than that its a great mower performance/reliability/lawn finish. I would be looking at other brands and need a mower for longer grass & rougher lawns. I like the look of the honda 537 hydro but I do question there reliability and cost of parts is not funny so once outa warranty it will be a right off.

Thats good to hear guys I am running a honda 476 hrx this season and its been back to the dealers like 10 times all drive problems other than that its a great mower performance/reliability/lawn finish. I would be looking at other brands and need a mower for longer grass & rougher lawns. I like the look of the honda 537 hydro but I do question there reliability and cost of parts is not funny so once outa warranty it will be a right off.

Ive been using the mower for long (and wet) grass today and it was perfect. With the adjustable speed you can slow it right down to stop it from blocking up with grass. Works a treat.

Great news that these Viking mowers are holding out has i have given up with HAYTER over the cheap sub standard front wheels and puppet string cables they fit and Honda over the cost of parts for rear rollers are beyond a joke now .

I hope Hayter read this has they made a effort fitting the bigger engine on the Silver Pro mowers then threw it all away by fitting the above mentioned .

Will be purchasing a new Viking 21" rear roller mower next season .

Ste

VM650 here.

Around 10 miles a week on it this season.

Been faultless.

The pull cord does wear but I've learnt not to pull it too hard as it's got that easy start thingy on it so only needs a gentle continuous pull.

Might get a 5 series for next season as a back up if the work stays good as it has this year.

Even the baby 248t is going strong after two years of getting a battering. I owe it a drive cable as it's got a bit sticky.