New HIVIZ Jackets in stock!

Barry_Skyland

Managed to place order but still slow. Not happy to be charged carriage when you state clearly free shipping. Please explain.

Hi Roni, yes we have free delivery to Mainland UK as it says on the home page.

Your postal address PA** is charged at zone 4 by Fedex and Parcelforce this entails an added charge and totals to around £19 plus VAT. We charge you £6.50 plus VAT so you can see how we subsidise your carriage. Mainland UK prices are around £6 plus VAT from the couriers of which we subsidide if orders are over a certain amount.

Every dealer in the UK will charge the same if not more.

Apologies for the confusion and disappointment at being charged, here are our terms from the delivery page.

DELIVERY & RETURNS

*NOTE: All delivery prices are shown EXCLUDING VAT

Non Mainland UK Delivery:

Northern Ireland, Northern Scotland, Highlands, British Isles, Peninsula & Channel Islands

(also includes Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Guernsey)

£6.50 - All Orders (excluding VAT)

I hope this explains and please let me know if we can be of anymore help, thank you for your order,

When did mainland UK not include Scotland?

We are not even in the Highlands.

Please note; do not normally deal with suppliers who add surcharges in a somewhat misleading way.

Hi Roni,

We are not misleading our customers, our delivery terms are there for everyone to see and on checkout they get the option to go ahead or not. Certain places in Scotland are not classed as Mainland this is set by the courier firms not us unfortunately and it is them who add on the surcharges once again not us, there is nothing more I can say on this.

We have also had our web developers testing the website today and all is running fine, it may be due to your location, thank you for informing us on this matter.

I don't quite get the issue here. As has been stated the postage regions are set by the courier. All the costs on Skylands website are presented before payment. You can see exactly what you will be paying and then decide if you want to pay. If this is misleading to you than maybe internet shopping is a bit advanced for you.

In my experience, the prices at Skylands are very competitive. If you can find the product cheaper delivered elsewhere than good for you?

But slating a first rate supplier is unnecessary, petty, and out of order.