Going Rates for selling logs??

HRG Tree Services

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

given up selling logs pain in backside. but know a chap who sells 2 cube of logs for £180. that was last year prices.

but with cost of cord now in the region of £1500 for a artic load. then cutting spliting or hire a processor for the day its to much hassel for little return. if i had wood which was free from jobs then maybe, but do not get any.

wood from hedges a bit small.

was selling last year £55 for a pick up load level all dry seasoned timber.

look for a local tree surgeon see what he will sell some for should be ok.

Bolam the fog on the tyne is all mine all mine zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Horlicks time again i fear :lol: sleep well special one :lol:

Ahhhhh, thanks mate, it's great to know you've got my best interests at heart! I've got 5 Stellas to get through before the Horlicks mind....

'Ton' bags, or bulk bags do come in various sizes, most holding less than 1m3.

The biggest supplier down here have genuine 1m3 bags, and they were selling kiln dried hardwood at £90 last year. It's good stuff.

It's also uniform and looks good. Certain customers will pay a premium for that.

My arb arisings is good stuff when I sell it, in terms of seasoning and mc, but is sometimes ugly and knotty. Not everyone wants that on the hearth after a £4k spend on a wood burner installation to impress their friends.

A Transit tipper load is about 2.4m3 loose stacked, so if you're selling a quality product you should be looking at around £200.

BUT.....

Every year when it gets cold, the local free ads etc. fill up with ads selling loads (Transit sized) for £100.

It's probably been felled that week, but it screws public perception as to firewood value.

It's a bit of a minefield really.

I've had people tell me that my logs are too expensive, so they get them from Stevo who I work with, who sells an DC L200 load. He's slightly more expensive than me per cube....

'Delivering the unprofitable to the ungrateful'.

Sell a decent product, be honest, make it clear whether your price is tipped, stacked, or barrowed 200m then stacked in alphabetical order of species and you'll build a decent customer base.

Then you'll run out of wood.

I'm having another Stella.

Anyone else while I'm at the fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

i would also like to add to this post your better off buying mixed bags of logs it all burns and its cheaper etc and any softwood gets the fire going better i love burning any seasoned softwoods theres nothing wrong with it burns lovely i use the hardwoods for longer burns when i,am out etc for a few hrs

Ahhhhh, thanks mate, it's great to know you've got my best interests at heart! I've got 5 Stellas to get through before the Horlicks mind....

'Ton' bags, or bulk bags do come in various sizes, most holding less than 1m3.

The biggest supplier down here have genuine 1m3 bags, and they were selling kiln dried hardwood at £90 last year. It's good stuff.

It's also uniform and looks good. Certain customers will pay a premium for that.

My arb arisings is good stuff when I sell it, in terms of seasoning and mc, but is sometimes ugly and knotty. Not everyone wants that on the hearth after a £4k spend on a wood burner installation to impress their friends.

A Transit tipper load is about 2.4m3 loose stacked, so if you're selling a quality product you should be looking at around £200.

BUT.....

Every year when it gets cold, the local free ads etc. fill up with ads selling loads (Transit sized) for £100.

It's probably been felled that week, but it screws public perception as to firewood value.

It's a bit of a minefield really.

I've had people tell me that my logs are too expensive, so they get them from Stevo who I work with, who sells an DC L200 load. He's slightly more expensive than me per cube....

'Delivering the unprofitable to the ungrateful'.

Sell a decent product, be honest, make it clear whether your price is tipped, stacked, or barrowed 200m then stacked in alphabetical order of species and you'll build a decent customer base.

Then you'll run out of wood.

I'm having another Stella.

Anyone else while I'm at the fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I reckon you should run for prime minister Mark, you'd get my vote!:)