stihl ms 201t and ms150

the arb guy

I purchased a 201t on a 14 bar around 3 months ago it's been superb. I was gentle with it for a while with small jobs bits of pruning and things then started using it in bigger stuff. I run all my gear on putaline mx9 never had a spot of bother I find the power great and lovely to use and does everything so thought no point in a 150. My thoughts only from my time with it. Hope it may help a little

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 150tc is affordable and very good if you do light deadwooding or pruning and stuff,no point n slugging about a 201 if you dont need to plus its give your 201 break from cutting small stuff,i think its better to just cut chunky stuff with 201 keeps it good..my own thoughts though :001_smile:

Hi,

Ive only 3 years experience to date but I think the ms201t ive got is fab. When I bought it dcburgoynes said that it takes 70 tank fulls before its run in. They said that, that info was straight from stihl. I bet no one has been shouting that from the roof tops.

My good buddy who climbs with me has been climbing for approx. 18 years and hes said that mines a goodn' . He has just bought a 540 xp and to be honest it keeps breaking, to the point that hes going to buy a stihl if it happens again!

I use mine for take downs as it has the power to get through and for tose pesky conifers I use a t435 as its much lighter. My mate did say that the 540 has the edge on power and were it not for the niggling spring at the rear, fueling probs then happy days. You pays your dosh....

I bought one of the early 201's and even with a muffler mod and re-tune it still ran like a pig, slow pickup and didn't really rev out that well. Ive tried one of the new ones with the enhancement pack and felt like a completely different saw, very close to my 200t

The 201t put such a bad taste in my mouth I recently bought a t540xp at the APF and wow what an engine! Well just see how long the body holds up.......

I bought one of the early 201's and even with a muffler mod and re-tune it still ran like a pig, slow pickup and didn't really rev out that well. Ive tried one of the new ones with the enhancement pack and felt like a completely different saw, very close to my 200t

The 201t put such a bad taste in my mouth I recently bought a t540xp at the APF and wow what an engine! Well just see how long the body holds up.......

You didn't ! ...... Great engine , superb . Body is made of high tensile sea water though ......

• 7 years later...