Roundup to be banned in the UK, ?

SteveA

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I m afraid corn grown in USA with GM technology and wheat grown in Europe are so far apart reliant on Round up yes there maybe better ways in an ideal world but farmers battle with the biggest factor which we carnt control the weather widescale organic farming is idealistic and fairy land stuff in the real world farmers need all the help they can get its not about profit or loss its abouy dealing with real issues that come along in the real world that prevent a crop coming to harvest . We have organic farmers around here growing crops but with grreat difficulties yes organic livestock production is more possible but cropping is a different ball game

I m afraid corn grown in USA with GM technology and wheat grown in Europe are so far apart reliant on Round up yes there maybe better ways in an ideal world but farmers battle with the biggest factor which we carnt control the weather widescale organic farming is idealistic and fairy land stuff in the real world farmers need all the help they can get its not about profit or loss its abouy dealing with real issues that come along in the real world that prevent a crop coming to harvest . We have organic farmers around here growing crops but with grreat difficulties yes organic livestock production is more possible but cropping is a different ball game

Did you not look at the link in post #160? Do yourself a favor and listen to the numbers and how they are being achieved. Follow the links. This is being done successfully all over the world.

Whist there's no doubt that in most areas of science ' big pharma ' amongst others, behave in a totally irresponsible manner in the pursuit of profit and their ultimate goal of total control, at any cost and regardless of the consequences.

Apart from global concerns it seems to me that the other side of the coin is that by reading and understanding the article posted by Goaty on page 9 and anything else that raises awareness, the average person who might find themself having to use this stuff at work may be better able to evaluate the risks and take steps to limit their exposure on a day to day basis.

Personally I like to think that I'm always careful, but reading articles like that now and again can't do any harm and may be a balance against any complacency that creeps in........cheers.