Roundup to be banned in the UK, ?

SteveA

As a farmer I am inclined to say a ban on Roundup may be what it is needed to make people more aware of the value of their food.

Food is far too cheap, people in general in the Western World are vastly overweight with all the problems that follow, diabetes, hip and knee replacements overloading an already overloaded hospital system.

A few bread queues and bread at £10 a loaf would be a good start.

I totally agree with your sentiment, but realistically that wouldn't happen.

We would just end up importing wheat from countries who haven't banned glypho.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read all the dribble thus far. I have seen a few documentaries regarding mosanto in America, evil evil company. Plenty of other companies punting the same product under different names which do the same job. I would be up for a ban. If we have to pay more for food then so be it, we have to look at alternatives. While these products are in use there is no push to develop. Anyway surely the organic growers are getting by without the aforementioned product.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

I have not read all the dribble thus far. I have seen a few documentaries regarding mosanto in America, evil evil company. Plenty of other companies punting the same product under different names which do the same job. I would be up for a ban. If we have to pay more for food then so be it, we have to look at alternatives. While these products are in use there is no push to develop. Anyway surely the organic growers are getting by without the aforementioned product.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app[/quote

Petrol and bleech are more dangerous and possibly have a bigger negative effect on peoples lives do you want to ban them as well ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app[/quote

Petrol and bleech are more dangerous and possibly have a bigger negative effect on peoples lives do you want to ban them as well ?

If you can, watch a documentary called food Inc. Interesting stuff.

I believe believe the government could be doing more to help reduce the use of petrol by perhaps improving public transport instead of just coining in on the revenue.

If you can, watch a documentary called food Inc. Interesting stuff.

I believe believe the government could be doing more to help reduce the use of petrol by perhaps improving public transport instead of just coining in on the revenue.

My point being there is bigger risk from everyday products than Round up ,if you drank enough even coffee can kill you its a carcinogenic

As a farmer I am inclined to say a ban on Roundup may be what it is needed to make people more aware of the value of their food.

Food is far too cheap, people in general in the Western World are vastly overweight with all the problems that follow, diabetes, hip and knee replacements overloading an already overloaded hospital system.

A few bread queues and bread at £10 a loaf would be a good start.

People are obese because eating fresh healthy food costs a lot already whereas frozen junk food is very cheap.

Putting prices up for healthy home grown food just lines your pockets and keeps the obese shopping in Iceland.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

People are obese because eating fresh healthy food costs a lot already whereas frozen junk food is very cheap.

Putting prices up for healthy home grown food just lines your pockets and keeps the obese shopping in Iceland.

I don't buy that.

The junk food manufactures are making big profits, so the ingredients in the products cost pennies. You can buy good simple food very cheaply, it takes more time to prepare, but is a better meal once completed.

People always find someone else to blame for their failures.

I agree re better meal but buying fresh food is far more expensive. Walk into your local shop buy chicken breast fillets, fresh pasta, mushrooms, onion, peppers, single cream. Take it home and make a nice chicken pasta it will make 1 meal. Cost will be around £10. Go buy a frozen pizza and chips again it's 1 meal cost will be half, less so in a supermarket. Iceland you can get frozen pizzas £1 same for the chips.