Which chainsaw for £500 or under

t5pete

OK,

Good choice - plenty of power there

Be aware you maybe into class 2 PPE with a 461 as chain speed probably >20 m/s

be helpful if dealers advised on PPE class for saw as the chain speed information seems well hidden!

N

Edited by NFG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have made a good choice. I love my one. £750 is a decent price.

I certainly think so as well, the people who have them seem to think they are brilliant.

OK,

Good choice - plenty of power there

Be aware you maybe into class 2 PPE with a 461 as chain speed probably >20 m/s

N

Will look into that thank you I do have my usual trousers and PPE which I believe is class 1.

Thanks mate. Any idea about Efco, Solo or Echo saws? I've been researching these 'other' brands, they can all be had fairly cheaply - compared to a Husqy or a Stihl. I'm looking at the 50-60cc bracket, specifically the Efco 162, Solo 651/656, Echo CS550.

The Dolmar PS 5105 is in the lead at the moment, based on what I've read and the fact it can be had with a heated handle. I was dead keen on a Jonsered CS 2253, as I've used and loved Jonny saws in the past. It can be had with a heated handle, and being Husqy can take Oregon equipment, but the only one I've been able to find anywhere is in America on eBay, and its not the heated handle model. I'd take a crack at the last gen CS 2153 if I could find one! Was told by my local Husqy dealer that Jonsered is being withdrawn entirely from the UK market.

Anyone have any experience with and of the saws mentioned here?

- I know, I know, If I like Jonsered so much get a Husqy, I just like being awkward.

Thanks mate. Any idea about Efco, Solo or Echo saws? I've been researching these 'other' brands, they can all be had fairly cheaply - compared to a Husqy or a Stihl. I'm looking at the 50-60cc bracket, specifically the Efco 162, Solo 651/656, Echo CS550.

The Dolmar PS 5105 is in the lead at the moment, based on what I've read and the fact it can be had with a heated handle. I was dead keen on a Jonsered CS 2253, as I've used and loved Jonny saws in the past. It can be had with a heated handle, and being Husqy can take Oregon equipment, but the only one I've been able to find anywhere is in America on eBay, and its not the heated handle model. I'd take a crack at the last gen CS 2153 if I could find one! Was told by my local Husqy dealer that Jonsered is being withdrawn entirely from the UK market.

Anyone have any experience with and of the saws mentioned here?

- I know, I know, If I like Jonsered so much get a Husqy, I just like being awkward.

good choice with the dolmarPS-5105 it is the same as eddy says ko95 husky mount the solo 651proffi is a good saw very strong same bar mounts these two saws above that i have mentioned i can verify are brilliant

good luck

What are Efco and Solo like for spares availability? I hope you won't need a lot of spares but during the saw's lifetime, you're going to need some. You don't want to save a bundle on the saw, only to pay international carriage on all your spares.

• 1 month later...