pricing forestry work

id9801

£15 a ton to fell sned and stack

that is about the same price we were getting 20 years ago for hand felling -just as processors and forwarders were coming in and cutting prices and as for steep ground there are not that many places a hill climber and fearless forwarder driver cant get to -frightening to watch them sometimes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how some things never change!

What sort of 'average' price per tonne (given all the variables) is the going rate to forward from Harvester stacks to roadside?

Too many variables mate. The current race to the bottom some contractors tied up with euroforest et al are in is not a race I want to be part of. You hear of some stupid low rates and it's not in big volume, easy sites either.

I just thought someone may make a list of 10 different extraction rates for different sites - having discarded those rates which are high / low extremes - divide by 10 to give an approximate average price.

The average price has to be as much as is humanly possible to get. Forestry work is in my opinion not as accessible as arb work due to the variables involved in differing sites. As tcd states with the race to the bottom for some contractors (which i also dont want to be any part of) makes any risk of loss that much greater to the uninitiated.

Strange how some things never change!

What sort of 'average' price per tonne (given all the variables) is the going rate to forward from Harvester stacks to roadside?

I am just thought someone may make a list of 10 different extraction rates for different sites - having discarded those rates which are high / low extremes - divide by 10 to give an approximate average price.

A day rate would be the best option.

With the lack of forestry exp and cutting technique the viability of a price per tonne would quickly dissolve.

Price in an experienced hand cutter. They will be able to get the job off on the right track and up skill you and your team if you get the right person.

Get in touch with second sub contractor as early as possible for loads of reasons.

Sounds like it could be an awesome challenging job if you get it right or a total mare or a bit of both.