new landcruiser pickup @ APF show

wicklamulla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do loose about that or more once suspension is beefed up to take it, but for me I mainly use them for towing so that wouldn't bother me, from the vids I have seen I wouldn't say they were undergeared

I would love to do it but just don't have the time to take on a project like that.

The Toyota would be nice but wouldn't even consider it until spares availability is at a half decent level, available in RHD and at a fair price.

I really don't understand why Toyota don't import them here, if they did I would probably be first in line to buy one.

HI MATE thats a great LR loads of power may be to much for LR AXLES to take so go mog axles i have mate thats done that great truck MATE thanks jon

Are you working in Australia?

Cos silly as it sounds that background does not look Austrailian, more north European.

Or where else was the photo taken?

m

Sweden I reckon:biggrin:

:thumbup1:

Also seen 6x6 sprinters on trial last year or year before last too, looked like prototypes, maybe the g wagon won the contract?

The land cruiser, if as good as everyone makes out sounds like a long term, owner operator investment.

If the single cab, as in the picture below was available for 25k+Vat new price id be tempted

a730a0b905a7c889886630d8932a1a67.jpg.ec9a3a3f2f662f41368b37d06be8c95f.jpg

As it is next year ill be looking for a 2-3year old (near half new price here) 3.0D auto hilux. I don't know why people get hung up on vehicles having a bit of bling. Imo although i will be driving it in saw trousers, wet coats and leak sawdust all over it, i don't see why i can't go to and from site sat in heated leather seats, with built in satnav showing me the way, listning to music through quality speakers travelling in comfort. realistically for me and most arbs offroad is across grass lawns, farm tracks, meadows, and snow/ice etc.

:thumbup1:

Also seen 6x6 sprinters on trial last year or year before last too, looked like prototypes, maybe the g wagon won the contract?

The land cruiser, if as good as everyone makes out sounds like a long term, owner operator investment.

If the single cab, as in the picture below was available for 25k+Vat new price id be tempted

[ATTACH]165494[/ATTACH]

As it is next year ill be looking for a 2-3year old (near half new price here) 3.0D auto hilux. I don't know why people get hung up on vehicles having a bit of bling. Imo although i will be driving it in saw trousers, wet coats and leak sawdust all over it, i don't see why i can't go to and from site sat in heated leather seats, with built in satnav showing me the way, listning to music through quality speakers travelling in comfort. realistically for me and most arbs offroad is across grass lawns, farm tracks, meadows, and snow/ice etc.

I like basic 10k cheaper to buy and cheaper when it breaks. Fancy interior will be trashed in a week built in sat navs never as good as the latest Tom Tom. I like air con and remote central locking though.

When I move down under ill get 70 series cruisers as I love the no nonsonce no frills no agg truck, I wouldn't have one here as the price,s are stupid !! I like the truck working for me not me working for the truck

The 70 series is ment to be the tuff truck from new but most ozzie,s buy them and take them straght to arb,s to have lockers n bars fitted etc pound for pound if you really need a 4x4 pick up its got to be defender there's a truck for every ones budget from £2000 upwards

It's worth more than 2 "landies". A proper truck vs LR rubbish. A long term investment worth every penny imo. Land Rover can shudder in fear of the 79LC.

Exactly what I was thinking but did not want to upset the landy lovers. Unless you need to carry more than 800kg on a reglar basis for me the Hilux wins over the defender. Reliable, comfortable, heated and has doors.

I like upsetting the landy lovers. One Life:lol:

Yes, I agree if I was one of those idiots who drive around with a 5" lift and one life live it stickers:001_rolleyes: but I like my land rover for the good basic workhorse it has turned out to be. It is a very economical (in terms of downtime) truck and does absolutely every thing I ask of it- who could ask for more:thumbup:

Yes, I agree if I was one of those idiots who drive around with a 5" lift and one life live it stickers:001_rolleyes: but I like my land rover for the good basic workhorse it has turned out to be. It is a very economical (in terms of downtime) truck and does absolutely every thing I ask of it- who could ask for more:thumbup:

Yours sounds a good truck ours were old. I am 6ft 3 which does not help the experience. The chassis is defo tougher on the defender and the parts are cheaper. I just found 200,000 mile hilux,s to still be be ultra reliable.